Machine upgrade vs coils

as much as i want to support you Buugi i have to disagree with you.
for me the coils also work as a visual thing i mean hiding/upgrade them just means getting rid of them full stop. the machines will look naked lol, this game is not designed to have a few coils and a few machines, that will never ever work out.
a new player should go to the future region exp this will get a ‘‘new player’’ near 2000 cubits this means roughly 60 plots in just what 10minutes?
the coils don’t really take up much space its all about how you place it it can even be a floor and power the machines or even be a wall
i do like the idea of machine upgrades but mainly to see machines use less spark or wear off slower (besides guild buffs) like 1st upgrade 5% less wear and spark 2nd upgrade 10% and so on

6 Likes

What if the option was still there?

Maybe you could choose to save some space or keep it as is.
I say the more options the better. I love building and personally I would like to minimize the space used by coils in certain spots as well.

Edit: Minimizing the space used by coils would also let you regain some of your mesh count

6 Likes

Yeah exactly

if the option was there to either use coils or hide i guess that could work :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Would still have to take up mesh limit even if in the machine cause then your just punishing people who enjoy the site of the coils

2 Likes

It would act the same as signs and other mesh items (as it currently acts in a chest). If you stick those in a chest they have no count against your limit. I don’t think there should be a penalty just because of different building/visual preferences.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with gray

1 Like

Flash/legends reference

Ahh but signs etc in a chest serve no function

True but his point still stands no punishment maybe get rid of for both things :smirk::thinking:

since when is the mesh limit seen as a penalty?
its just how the boundless mechanics work if not there going to be an overkill
so i disagree, the mesh limit should stand either with hidden coils or without

1 Like

Imo you want function it all has to follow the same rules then. Other than being stored in the machine opposed to not

1 Like

Mesh limit is a penalty because it can prevent you from placing more mesh items in that chunk.
I understand how the mechanics work.
If the coils are placed out in a plot space they should count towards the mesh limit (since that is how it currently works).

If they are contained then they should not count against the mesh limit.

Not everything has to follow the same rules. In a game called Boundless I would expect different and new concepts. There does not also have to be a penalty for every change.

We could also have it to where the Advanced Coils could compact into a “Mega Coil” or Helix. Just another idea lol

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts

I want mega coils and advanced machines plz :grin:

3 Likes

Also can I get shop stands to function inside chests or storage blocks? Or chests working inside chests. That would make my storage a lot neater

1 Like

The topic is “Machine upgrade vs coils”. Please be civil to one another.

Maybe advanced machine (max coils crafted into a machine) would still take up same mesh limit.

If it was compartments for coils as “slots” I agree should still take up mesh.

Also

All the comments

ThornyPaleDwarfrabbit-small

2 Likes

I believe max coils per machine is 24

2 Likes