Machines, RedStone and difficult Stuff

Oh absolutely agree with dungeon building, I want to build one too with lots of traps and puzzles to solve. Plots are a great way to protect a dungeon from being destroyed by looters, but there is no way to build traps, spawn monsters, or create puzzles to challenge a dungeon crawler. I think dungeon building would be an excellent way to challenge both builders and adventurers in a fun and friendly way.

5 Likes

If we’re able to build monster spawners, then I seriously hope they are expensive to make. It should feel rewarding to build your own hunting grounds.

It sure would make hunting events put on by players a lot easier to do.

wouldn’t it be cool to have to build cirtant conditions to make specific monsters appear.
say in my dungeon beacon if I want wild stock to spawn you just need a few plots of grassy flat space but to get a stone thrower you might need x prestige worth of compact gems along wit x amount of stone on say a 4x4 plot space.
hunters could spawn in dark places with refined bone blocks or titan flesh.

2 Likes

That sounds like it would be pretty cool. Even if it means hooking up the spawner to some kind of machine that allows you to input stacks of those materials would work as well. Just spits out the monster 1 block above the spawner.

I heard we’re getting buckets soon so if I am able to bucket up lava or even water, it would make for an interesting monster battle room. People could spend coin per match and if they clear it they get maybe a reward from the event host. I don’t know. Just an idea.

I certainly would love to have that sort of thing in my main project since I have a ton of naturally generated space under the main area that I am not even using right now.

1 Like

yup! a dungeon would be my end game. something I could change and maintain indefanatly.
@james you have your next project.

2 Likes

I think dungeon spawning may be possible after the farming and taming update that’s supposed to come after 1.0

Set the specific conditions to allow growth and then a creature spawns.

1 Like

Yup, same! I also want to make monster battle rooms as well that people pay coin to get into.

Whenever flying machines get into the game I hope we’re able to make custom flying vehicles. It would be pretty cool to have a flying monster battle room but I am more interested in hearing about the weapons they’ll have cause that implies to me that people can build bases with defense turrets of sorts.

Death to cuddles!

1 Like

Ya know, the more I think about dungeon building and spawning monsters in them, the more I feel like the current creature set just… don’t lend them selves well to what you might expect from a dungeon. Various cave dwellers like worms, hunters, or the colossal ground bashers would be alright for a cave themed dungeon, but a crypt-like dungeon calls for more mythical creatures. Not the D&D variety like goblins or undead or golems, but some sort of boundless equivalent. Instead of golems, forgotten Oortian constructs like Drones or Guardians could stand eternal vigil in a long forgotten Oortian reliquary. Instead of goblins, Ferals from Wonderstruck’s game Polycraft make an excellent and devious enemy. Rather than Undead, creatures from Citizen’s nightmares could haunt the depths of crypts. Maybe some sort of treasure eating monster that is out to snatch up all your hard earned gem tools!

Just tossing wildlife into a dungeon setting lacks the thrill of a proper dungeon crawl to me.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. I am sure when we get Protectors it will lend better towards that… I wouldn’t mind filling something with a cave bats though… hhahahah

1 Like