Made an underwater grapple

Anyone else tried doing this?

[paired with a loot axe, kraken brew, starberry pie]

Do you think its worth grappling around underwater for farming reactive lamellas?
The grapple projectile is still slower than above water but its respectable (up to a certain distance) and it is still faster than swimming.

When I tried it myself, seems legit but need to focus to operate efficiently though.

4 Likes

Don’t forget your kraken Brew be underwater for full half hour or is it 20min I forget it’s a long time lol​:joy::joy:

1 Like

its 20 min base 30 min with zeal i believe.
but yes. its for getting around on the floor of the ocean faster~

my hand hurts from doing it for a whole hour. XD

My suggestion would be to have the sinking buff on the loot stick all in one.

1 Like

but then I dont have a grapple?
loot stick + axe?

if only oortians had three hands :smiley:

Yeah now that I think of it, I think it doesn’t make much of a difference :joy:. It is a matter of preference I guess. I don’t use grapples under water (axe + stick).

1 Like

anyone want to try it? I should have a used one I can give away.

so far my first attempt in 1 brew got me 2ss of lamellas.

as far as thats good or bad i have no idea.

1 Like

I normally have clear weather on grapples I do have couple sinking feeling grapples but only when I need to get to the bottom faster and I don’t have lootsticks on my EDC lol grapples is on my EDC so sinking feeling does come in handy sometimes

As a side note
I died to a cuttletrunk (ignored them shooting me despite having no vit / no armor cuz I was playing dodge with a grapple in the water lol, not smart but it was kinda fun).

so after that I had no more brews with me so I just went on with sinking feeling.
Grapple made so much diff on that one, but the question then becomes why not just get more brews.

Lol. Am i the only one that made them in past by accident? And nobody ever wanted them. Heck, not even i wanted them as they are unhandy while hunting and crossing waters. I might have still one if anyone wants lol. Mine is sapphire and had pretty nice stats. The only thing bad about it was the sinking feeling. However about your loot stick grapple issue, just get an axe with magnet, glow and durability on. Choose the gem depending on tier needed. Because of the base damage. Indeed kraken brew and then could do persisting pie to get more out of the tools.

Yeah, i just use the axe as the looter, since its for reactive lamellas in beseverona, titanium actually gives enough damage with the correct skill page.

I wanted to skip starberry but 150 stamina drain on a grapple I spam quite often on the ocean floor is a bit steep though, ill try with zeal now that I got it. Actually wanted to use blink grapples (250 energy burn) but 7500c a piece sounds too expensive without extra durability to offset it.

why no one wants sinking feeling…
I am going out of my way to get it (atleast for this purpose).

1 Like

I agree with your entire reply here, but I I like to use a Wayfarer’s Totem instead of an axe because it hits all different type of blocks… it’s great for farming out in the wild. I find totems to be great for building for the same reason… it damages concrete just like wood just like foilage… One time when I was building The Witches Brew in Ultima, I was using a totem for building and someone tossed me a hammer thinking I needed one. HaHaHa… it was really sweet, but I love me a good totem with auto loot, glow, and durability. :smiley:

2 Likes

Post a video of it in action. I would love to see.

Look i tried to achieve the same thing on a gold fist back then. They were trendy in 2020. Glow, magnet, and hard as nail so you dont die easily from the monsters. And then wanted to add sinking feeling. For all i know i achived it. On one smartstacks. It was damn difficult to get the right quirk and get it all maxed before one cant roll anymore. So i do understand the difficulty there haha! Isnt it mostly like that with forging? If you want it, it doesn’t want to work with you together. But if you want a clean tool its forcing its way in :smile:

Dont know how to make a video + shy.
But I dont think its anything wowing or anything, I just find it useful because theres always something to traverse underwater regardless of how much reach I actually have :frowning: . Although it could also be extra work for little gain. But when I saw someone on youtube did it traditionally with lootstick he made 3 stacks an hour, so this got me a good +30% increase I guess…

I could give one of the grapples away if someone wants to test it themselves though. I am not sure how many I have on me right now. I think I was making it on different grapples to test, so what I have varies I think.

I mean if you were trying to give it away I don’t get why no one wanted XD, free stuff!

But yes getting a nice forge with a quirk is more than hard to say the least, that is why I kept it minimal forge so I can spend like 10 transmutes per try… which is what I meant by “out of my way” ^^