Make glass chiselable?

Can we be able too chissle glass lol

9 Likes

you are not alone

4 Likes

Actually the glass pane thread might be worth a look again.

We might need a whole new type of block for that. I think they mentioned it would require too much data being stored into one block. Maybe they could make a special transparent gleam or go with the window pane idea?

3 Likes

That sounds awesome lol

(pane is cool too)

4 Likes

Make it look like old time glass with the imperfections:

9 Likes

And seamless where blocks/panes connect. If there is one Thing i allways have in my MC texture packs then it is seamless glass. I wish we had it here aswell.

1 Like

It always puzzled me how “dark” glass is chisel-able, but regular glass isn’t.

3 Likes

@jaimepoutine Well dark glass seems to be different rules to its own, purty much obsidian.

I recall hearding that the way current glass render transparently is the issue for being able to chisel. I would say that Yes more glass transparently options would be awesome for chisal and coloring? I know other games has this feature. I am sure that boundless devolopers could come up with a clever way to get more glass options to work better. perhaps in the future we will see. depends on what they are working on currently for features.

I have a feeling with the recent update in reserved plots around settlements may push for private planets soon then later. :wink:

Seems like people forgot about this post.

1 Like

Yes yes new glass features should be a next thing be implemented, right after adding a few more feature options the reserved plot system. :slight_smile:

And they have posted designs for the new glass system

Yes but this was about the chisel part James mentioned in the post I linked.

Here the reason behind why glass isn’t chiselable…

Which is weird when

2 Likes

That’s interesting! So basically solve the chiseling issue by adding a texture aka the border. You would be giving up on clearity. I would be happy with this as long as we keep the current glass block. I wonder if it would look something like this but each edges would have a border texture?

Transparent gleam sounds interesting. I like the sound of that. :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, I forgot. Lol. I really like the sound of transparent gleam by @majorvex . Another interesting way that gleam could be used. Modules look great, but hefty crafting. If we could chisel gleam in to a pane of gleam, that would be pretty cool.

2 Likes