Make RNGesus love me

So, I was thinking, it would be nice if there were a way to increase my luck at specific times. Like when farming sap, for instance. Then I started wondering what would be the best ways for something like that to be implemented and here’s what I came up with…they might be terrible ideas…but here goes anyway…

Idea 1:
Luck Boon - This would also be purely RNG just like all the other forge boons. The type would, obviously, be dependent on the item its on. Axe would give a higher chance of bark and sap, for instance. But we would still be forced to choose between boons so this should be a good boost!!

Idea 2:
Luck Brew or Food buff - This, again, would force us to choose between our buffs and would be situational. With this option we would have the timer and normal difference in potency.

I don’t think these should be enough to break the game or anything, but maybe just enough so I don’t have to spend hours each week farming sap and beans.

8 Likes

Yes please!

1 Like

“Looks like you just ran out of luck, Judas!”
RNGesus-Edited
(edited the lewdness of the original picture - funnily enough, 9 out of 10 pictures of RNGesus show the bird, I wonder whyyyyy :stuck_out_tongue: )
No but seriously, yeah, a Luck Brew seems like it would be insanely useful. Something that increases luck by 100% for 10 minutes. Could require feathers plucked from a bird’s butt.

2 Likes

What was the original post? @Goblinounours

Not another screaming um, rooster?

I found the original via Google : https://bgo.miraheze.org/w/index.php?title=RNGesus&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop

Ah yes I can see why that got flagged haha

Are suggestions here even taken into consideration? I debated posting it, since in most games the suggestion posts might as well be a trash bin.

1 Like

Yeah the devs actually read this stuff and occasionally do add stuff :blush:

Well, just in case…

As the MASTERMIND behind such an AWESOME idea I should totally automatically get a stack of whatever they decide on.

Just saying…

:grin::heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Although, I’d be surprised if nobody ever posted anything about a Luck Brew in the past.
I know I thought about it, but… I don’t remember posting it. Or maybe I suggested it in a non-suggestion-thread. There should actually be a “more foods/brews” suggestion thread. The main one I remember writing was this one : CRAZY IDEA : Oxy-cream + Hydro-grapple

2 Likes

Oh those are great ideas too!! Suggested a while ago though, doesn’t give me much hope. Lol.

The devs have already a huuuuuge “to-do” list, so only expect them to quickly act on the suggestions that they agree could have priority on what they’re currently doing (which pretty much everybody knows features Rental Worlds).
I have no doubt that they added “method for breathing under-water” to their list as a lot of people must’ve asked for it before me, and I’m sure a lot of people tired with grinding and farming must’ve mentioned some way to increase luck beyond the 8 skill points. It’s just a question of where in the “to-do” list they are.

1 Like

Erm, what are rental worlds?

1 Like

It seems they will have worlds available to rent which will grant a certain unknown amount of power to the owner in terms of their creation and management. One of the devs said an update will be coming “soon”.

From what we guessed (which is not much, so nothing is sure), players would be able to pay a subscription similar to GleamClub to have a world where they decide the colors, the names, the biomes, what tier it is, if it’s private/public (linked to the rest of the Universe), or if some people are allowed/forbidden to plot/build there.
The devs are apparently hard at work on that right now, but we don’t know the details yet.

Do you happen to have any of the sources for that, rental worlds are fairly new to me.

Like I said :

What I wrote is basically what seems logical from the devs to do from the tid-bits I remember seeing here and there.
In the recent EULA thread, I skimed through it, but I think @AeneaGames found some info that would mean the subscription to Rental Worlds would be similar to GleamClub in terms of format, so you’d be able to rent your world for 1, 3 or 6 months.

1 Like