Making Cog?

what skill do I need for a cog on the test server 163 cant find it?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s under item crafting branch.

If you only unlocked the first crafting tree, you will only be able to learn building machines and tools plus weapons skills.
To learn more recipes skills you need to get to the second crafting tree - the one that is farther down the list. You will need to have more skills learnt to unlock that one.

Ideally you don’t learn any crafting skills from the first group and learn more cheap skills (attributes, tool mastery) until you are able to unlock the other crafting tree. Otherwise you end up like me: machines built early but useless for quite a while. (Well, at least now the progression speed is quadrupled so you can go through them skills way faster).

1 Like

yea but my skill atm =)

1 Like

I can craft cogs but dont remember exactly what I have unlocked. Gimme a couple of minutes.

EDIT: regardless of what I find, it would be better for you to unlearn higher level machine crafting and progress more into recipes. 2nd level prop/decor/item crafting and such can often be done in basic machines like workbench, extractor etc.

I found that its better to be ahead in recipes skills than machine building.

2 Likes

I remember now I think. I cant make cogs now, but when I was trying to learn what skills unlocks what recipes I had some of the skills on the 2nd level, before I eventually unlearned them - if I remember right cogs are under advanced item recipes.

If you have unlearn points you might like to remove engine crafting and try that one instead.

1 Like

Thanks just need a lvl to check it

1 Like

Confirmed that “Item Crafting Recipes 2” is needed for cogs

4 Likes

any plans to add the skill trees to boundlesscrafting? :slight_smile: would be happy to help with such an endeavor.

3 Likes

Funny you should mention it… I’m working on it right now :wink:

10 Likes