Making tree roots?

I know you need the epic chiseling but I was wondering what chisel you need to make a tree route like shape?

I find the precise bevel works great.
@Primetime18 is the man that showed me how

4 Likes

Is gold or Silver

It’s the gold one

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the help :blush::+1:t2::heart:

1 Like

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Just as a tip: If you progressed far enough to have several skillpages I recommend having a builder skillpage with the precise chiseling skill (chisel epic) and another skillpage whatever you want. You could basically use the gem chisels for anything and just swap skillpages if needed (without the skill even higher tier chisels work like a low tier version). As long as you’re in your home beacon you can swap pages however you want.
Doing so will save you loads of space and some higher value blocks only can be chiseled with gem chisels as far as I know. (I mostly work with common materials myself and hide most of my prestige blocks)

1 Like

It depends what kinda tree you are doing but generally as said above precise bevel… Bevel overall is the King For this…
Its because it create more natural looking roots than slope example.
I use slope on some pieces but it really depends what kinda tree you are building and how big.

Make sure your roots match the size of the tree you are making.

4 Likes

I use the Iron and Gold ones for roots. But for the base of the tree I use Iron, Silver and gold mostly.

1 Like

Mostly bevel, going “fatter” it can look good or better if you switch to slope here and there.

1 Like

Now the how do you shape it to the root and I can’t seem to get to look like a tree root?

For roots i more blocks on start and In the end part i use just 2. For 2 blocks i just precise bevel both To smallest it can be.

Can you provide some screenshots.
Its kinda Hard To explain. Maybe voisit someones base and see how they have done it.

This is not great or complete, but just a sample of things you can do. Composition is harder to teach, and I’ve only got a few minutes right now.

I’m doing this partially to practice using this technique to show off chiseling ideas, so let me know how you feel about this!

We can think about the block in eigths, since you chisel the eight corners.

If you want to see these in-game, Janus II is available on the worlds area of TNT.

If you have an example of a tree you want to emulate, post it here and I (or someone else) can try to break down some of the techniques. Try to be specific on the parts you don’t know how to do.

1 Like