Mall Suggestions for a new player starting a shop?

Well that’s all based on prestige and how much traffic you get. Location helps but is not necessary with portals. There’s times where I get more FF in the week over my sales in the gyosha mall. I tend to get on average 10k coin in a week. If I was to add a portal from ps into my store instead of just Ultima I’d probably get more traffic. Also if I advertised that I sell t6 dura hammers on the forum I’d probably get more traffic/sales(on that note I have 11 in stock atm).

Just put some shop stands out side your house . connect a portal to P.S hub to your house. And sell stuff for there :+1:

1 Like

That sounds more the way i like it

I’d suggest a portal from Ultima as well. I know a good handful of people who never use the ps network. That’s why I prefer the malls since I don’t have to connect it to other hubs. The hubs already are connected to the malls

1 Like

If you need help setting up a portal I can help :wink:

Make a shop on a low tier planet. Hook it up to a portal seeker hub. Then another 2 to 3 portal hubs. Done.

Then come to an iconic hunt or other similar hunt. You will get enough oort to fuel your portals for atleast a week or 2.

Post your shop in the forums and or offical discord.

Best PS hubs for shops. Biitula, Lamblis, Gyosha.

Once you set up your main store then think about mall extras

2 Likes

Waterfront Outlets is a small mall if thats what you’re into. Weve got 4 hallways of shops for an easy quick shopping experience. Plenty of spots open! You can find it through New Ultima, Apex T6 Network, The Hive, Illuminaughty Footfall Co-op, Fireborn

Also check out my DK’s Legendville Mall, you can get there from Ultima Tree, Ultima Mall, TNT, PS Biitula, Gyosha Mall, DSK Galaxy, Organized Mall and more! It has a nice forest theme :blush:

2 Likes

Also, check out the Organized Mall. It’s based all on what is being sold. It’s very easy to go down a lane and look for what you want. It has been one of the most successful outposts for us thus far.

Here is my take on malls and portals. Malls first, Negative of them: if you are close to where players come in, you can do pretty good. If it is a large mall you and you are late in getting a spot, you can end up further away from the main portal and many don’t want to run around looking for bargains, they want to go, get it and get back to their base to finish what they were working on. That means you get fewer sales even if your prices are lower, and less footfall and it can be the difference in getting some items you need but can’t, for whatever reason, go and collect yourself.

Good: Compared to open markets, they are better as you are inside and don’t have to worry about weather if you hate getting rain or snow on you, I don’t like it, I want out of the weather, have enough bad crappy weather in real life, don’t like it in a game, don’t want the realism of it. Back on topic, open markets also allow, if you are on a planet that has cuttletrunks and hoppers, to get to you and you have to worry about being attacked, especially if you don’t have the skills that keep you from being harmed. I was on a level 3 planet and didn’t have the protection and was killed, twice, by cuttletrunks who didn’t like me in their territory even though it was a open market. Dashing inside a somewhat closed shop was little help, One just stayed there until I would stick my head out. I ran as fast as I could to where I knew a portal was at and gave up shopping there until later.

Level of planets, generally, not always, level three planets seem to have more shops, wider selection of items and fairer prices, I don’t know why, but in visiting some level 1 and 2, the prices are a rip off, not always, but lots of times they are double what you would pay at a Mall or Market on a level 3 and higher. New Golda Market on Trung (spelling?) is on a level 1 or 2 and has fair prices in most of the shops, you just have to look and it isn’t too big so you can really check it out.

Some cities are beautiful and have shops, can I can’t remember the name of one that I have bragged about, will find it and add it here later, but they have a nice shopping area, it is outside but the prices are fair. You can set up a shop there.

@ginabean Mall I have yet to visit, but knowing her, it will be a great place to have a shop at, so I would seriously consider putting one there, see how you feel about owning a shop and all that it entails and if you want to spread out to other sites.

DK’s Legendville mall is good, if you don’t mind heights, they have a city in the sky and every time I walk there I worry I will walk into a open area and fall way, way, way down. Almost did once.
Hope this was of some help.

2 Likes

Where is the mall at? What planet and how would I get there? Going to see if I would be better off to buy the exotic yams over the hassle of getting them in the wild and at a regen farm. Planning to visit a few malls, markets and open shops to see what they will cost.

They have a lot of paths to get there that’s linked. I always use the first ring one on Biitula because it’s like directly out from from my own shop portal lol.

I’ve had “that last step was a doozy” incidents now several times there. :rofl: Weird thing was once I managed to not die from the fall while not hitting the water either.

On the shop question, I’ve been a little selfish I admit… my strategy has been to focus on my own place, so I put my shop stands in the center of a group of portals and though I keep intending to, just never went with joining someone else’s place. As long as I basically undersell most everyone, it has worked well, certain things move very quickly, and while the shopping area might not look like much at least it provides a convenient service to others with the portals, I do want my settlement to be helpful to newcomers, which Alder being lv 1 we see our share of there.

2 Likes

I went there to check it out, as I was looking for another planet say a portal with that name.

It is nice and I really enjoyed the setup. The only problem, and it is out of your control, is that some of the shops have too high a price. One wanted 200coins for a critter trophy, a horn I think, and I had bought some at @ginabean mall for around 50coins, not sure of exact, but it wasn’t over 100c

I only checked out ones selling trophies, so can’t say anything about others shops.

2 Likes

I visited the organized mall a few times and I saw shops with very good prices… Same thing in Naughty Mall … We are very proud of the traders we have accumulated in this mall. There is some store where I will continue to buy for sure

2 Likes

The one thing I will never do is say this mall is too expensive to shop at. The shop owners chose what price to charge and it is on them if they can sell the items at a lower price.

My stating it was too high, compared to another shop can go two ways, the higher prices shops may go lets drop it a bit or the lower priced shops will go lets raise our prices a bit.

Perfect one would be, surprisingly, a bit of both, one could raise to make a bit more but not too much and the other could also lower and would then sell more, which would make up the difference.

I’ll be going back to the Organized Mall again to look at other shops, my focus was on trophies and other critter parts used to make forging mats. I like the layout, that makes it so much easer, all shops of one type are in this area so if I want to look for just tools, or food I go to that section, not have to run past and spend time searching all the shops, wasting my time when nowadays, I don’t have as much as I did before.

I encourage players to go to New Golda Market, Naughty Mall, Organized Mall and G. Mall, Duskmoor, finally got the name of the city that is beautiful, it has changed, not in a negative way, but I didn’t find the shopping area I had the last time, internet trouble, connections, so gave up and went home.

I am sure that there are many other great malls, I haven’t either visited them or have forgotten their name, if I remember it I will post it. For the OP, it would be a good idea to see them and get ideas of what they want, how to set up their shop and what prices to ask, and even if there are too many shops selling same items and they might be better waiting or picking something else to sell.

2 Likes

if I’m not mistaken I saw brick at 5c in the organized mall. Hard to beat

I noticed that as well. That’s why the shop we do have there is one of the most affordable. The mall does save a lot of time because you know exactly where to look. The mall owner did a very good job about that!

I agree with this 100% I started Tamels wares outside “the all block shop” and got myself a few regulars and a few non regulars looking for a good deal. Thought I was doing good. @Saalt convinced me to move to Duskmoor, I kept my PS bitula portal and moved shop. Business has ramped up 5x of what it used to be due to the sheer amount of traffic in the DSK hub. If you have good prices your wares will move. Sometimes faster than you want them to.

1 Like