Map website

I dont have the knowledge/skill to do that no :frowning:

your tool is pretty simple. if you rewrite it in .netcore then you just can compile it for unix systems and use it there too. you just need new memory pointer for unix systems and the user needs netcore installed like regular .net framework on win systems.

1 Like

Seems like client doesn’t qorks after today’s update. I redownloaded it. It stars w/o errors but webinterface says “Unable to follow player”

The problem is I’m not familiar with the APIs linux uses to read memory from another process. For windows I’m currently using P/Invoke to call the Win32 API methods.

The app I use to search for this pointer does not run on linux. Short from writing my own app I don’t know how I would obtain this.

Yes this happens every update. When I get home from work I will find the new pointers and update the server. Then you just have to restart the client and it’ll work. No update needed on your side.

1 Like

maybe we can do a colab on this topic. I am a lead dev of a bigger international team which focuses on exactly this technology stack.

I thought there wasn’t a Linux client released for the game yet? Are you running via wine?

I think people are able to run the game with a dx->vulcan interop thingy along with wine.

1 Like

I just really dont have the time for this I"m sorry :frowning:

Now working for the current version. Restart your client and you should be good to go.

Doesn’t works again.
“Error getting location data: $Failed to read pointer memory”

I had it working Tuesday. I’m guessing they did another patch. I’ll fix it up tonight.

1 Like

Fixed to work for current version

2 Likes

At last! Thanks you.

1 Like

fixed for 205.0

2 Likes

fixed for 205.1

2 Likes

Holy cow this is awesome :+1::+1::+1::+1::sparkles::sparkles:

OT: is there a list showing the date each planet was introduced to BL? Like oldest to newest?

Took me a bit to go dig up all the dates but this should be right.

16 Aug 2018 - 18 planets after wipe
06 Sep 2018 - 9 added - Angel I, Maryx, Arie, Minorengle, Kada I, Antar VI, Cardass, Shedu Tier, Alcyon
07 Sep 2018 - 2 added - Trior, Refgar
08 Sep 2018 - 2 added - Alder, Niia Zed Ka
11 Sep 2018 - 2 added - Imoco, Sorissi
12 Sep 2018 - 2 added - Gloviathosa, Cephonex Merika
16 Sep 2018 - 2 added - Gellis, Raxxa
21 Sep 2018 - 3 added - Xa Frant, Gyosha Ophin, Imdaari
22 Sep 2018 - 2 added - Eresho, Tana VII

5 Likes
  • [New Feature] Now shows all settlements. Capital cities are marked with a special yellow star. If you hover over a city, it will show the planet rank of the city, and the universe rank in brackets. Settlement names, locations, and ranks update roughly every 4 hours.
  • Added the 6 newest planets with region lines (thanks @willcrutchley for the new region API link)
  • Added high-resolution maps for some planets thanks to @james (Besevrona, Circarpous I, Finata, Lamblis, Sochaltin I). For example, check out Ultima City:

http://www.boundless-maps.com/?planet=Finata&n=312&e=911&title=Ultima%20Guild%20HQ

Map client will be updated for the latest version within the next hour and a half.

6 Likes

:star::star::star::star::star:
Amazing work!

1 Like