EDIT: wonderstruck has created an official site for their maps too: https://maps.playboundless.com/
I’ve got a map website up and working at this point. You can check it out here:
- Over-map showing all the planets created by Dumaru. Planets are arranged according to the Portal Seekers gateway layout. You can click the planets to go to a specific planet’s map. There is a button in the top left of the planet map to go back to the over-map.
- Maps for all 48 planets (They are low resolution but can help you get around)
- Label at the bottom showing the boundless N/E coordinates where the mouse is currently pointing. If the mouse is not on the window, the coordinates for the center of the screen are shown.
- Button top left “Search Coordinates” - lets you specify the planet and N/E coordinates from in-game. The map will switch to the right planet, pan to the location, and place a marker. Click the button again and hit cancel to clear the marker
Windows x64 desktop client which reads your current player name and location from the boundless game and sends it to the website for anyone to see. The website shows markers on the map for any players running the client to anyone looking at the site. Note This desktop client does NOT require administrator privileges. It has been tested by VirresSs, Eldwen and Combyte, and many others without issues “Follow Player” button at the top which lets you specify a player name. It will switch to the planet that player is on and automatically follow that player’s marker. Click the button again and hit cancel to stop the following. If the player is not using the desktop client then you’ll get some red text at the top.
- “Show Regions” button in the top right which shows an outline of where all the regions on each planet are located. This is useful for hunts as meteors are triggered by travelling to regions.
- 300 block grid lines are displayed as well when “Show Regions” is enabled. This is useful for hunts as meteors are also scheduled when someone enters any grid space.
- The maps show all in-game settlements as stars. Capital cities are marked with a special yellow star. If you hover over a city, it will show the planet rank of the city, and the universe rank in brackets. Settlement names, locations, and ranks update roughly every 4 hours.
- Maps now show the location of the Portal Seekers gateway on each planet using our logo, so that new players are able to find and join civilisation more easily.
- Url parameters for directly linking locations. You can include a title for the location you are linking. For example the Portal Seekers HQ on Grovidias Te is here: http://www.boundless-maps.com/?planet=Grovidias%20Te&n=-1204&e=-1215&title=Portal%20Seekers%20HQ
- Url parameters also let you link directly to players. For example if I’m online, you can find me here: http://www.boundless-maps.com/?player=Simoyd
Try it out and let me know what you think. inb4 there’s a patch tomorrow and it breaks my desktop client…
So, I’m curious if I’m allowed to do this. I don’t think it’s malicious but I want to make sure the devs don’t view it differently.
I made a map using google maps API (EDIT: I’m using OpenLayers now), and I made it update a marker with my current location in-game. Here’s a video of it:
I would like to expand on this project, but I don’t want to continue if I’m breaching the EULA or something… I’m not a lawyer so reading that stuff is confusing for me. Let me know if I’m doing something wrong and I’ll stop.