Map website

Top left is going to be the new client. Will allow being minimised to tray.
Bottom left is the server output.
Still need to assign colors to all the blocks/colorindexes, but I got the color feature working (you can see a few colored blocks in there)

17 Likes

Got some decent color scanning now. Take a look yourself!!!
http://www.boundless-maps.com/v2.html

Let me know if you want me to scan your area. Scanner client is not yet public.

Portal Seekers HQ:

Max zoomed in detail:

Glehn Republic

Therka Market:

Therka Portal Seekers Gateway:

18 Likes

you should scan Aquatopia and the Steam Punk city, if you are able to.

2 Likes

Holy cow @Simoyd, this is amazing.

Just awesome!

Updated to render liquids properly

Done and done!

3 Likes

wicked cant wait to see.

it’s live as soon as I scan it:

2 Likes

Working on collecting regions on all the planets now, and automatically saving the coordinates to my server while I do it. I hope to be selling 100% revealed atlases for all planets on the day the patch drops.

In the video below you can see me triangulating the region based on the cardinal directions in the text at the top of the screen, and the marker getting added to the map automatically once I have all 4 sides captured.

The regions will be made available on my map site a short time after the patch drops.

4 Likes

Map client now works with latest version. Beware it may break again if more patches come out, but I’ll stay on top of it this week. I’ve been slacking off on this to boost my atlas sales this week.

ALL REGIONS are now displayed as little stars on the map. You can hover over each star to see the region name. This may help you find regions quicker if you are wanting to discover the regions yourself.

7 Likes

Are you consider adding a configuration that allows players to upload newly acquired data to boundless-maps to update the planet surface in real time?

1 Like

yes.

I have this below, but I need to update it and do some performance improvements so everyone isn’t uploading the same data over and over.

Can we get a feature to somehow show selling plinths and their continence? This would greatly improve trading if the devs got in on this map and added an API.

I’ve tried to read the plinth data from memory, but the plinth contents are stored within a couple layers of dynamic objects which mean I’d have to spend weeks reverse engineering it after every patch, so I’ve decided against it.

I’ve asked James for this as an API but it’s not a simple feature for them to just add, but I think lots of people really want this feature. There are a couple shop websites that would be able to use this. We’ll see if they add it in the future, but I don’t think it’s a priority right now. Honestly I’d prefer to see them really polish the game up over the next 3-4 months instead of adding more stuff for now.

3 Likes

Are you ready for all new maps Simoyd? :slight_smile:

That, and this forum could do without the controversy for a few months while things settle down. I imagine (given how hotly debated the last website was that offered the ability to list stock, even without an API) that this will be a controversial issue amongst at the very least a vocal minority, if not a even split.

Yeah Idk if I want this actually. The fact that some shops are more convenient, finding the best deals, searching for the right stuff… its part of the fun sometimes, idk.

I guess we will cross this bridge later :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes and no. Parts are ready, but the V2 high-res stuff might take a couple more weeks, heh.

2 Likes

Even with all the info at your fingertips in eve online, people made a killing overpricing stuff at the smaller hubs. Some of the mist fun I had was testing the markets.

You are right though, its nothing to worry about now. :grinning:

1 Like

I think people will always want to centralize the shopping information. It’s really a win/win for everyone involved. I’m sure some kind of API will come but it may just take some time.

1 Like