Mass Transport

But atleast a flyable Mass Transport should be there :stuck_out_tongue:

I think they have mentioned airships on their twitter, i wouldnt mind mass transport airships if they were extremely expensive to produce and use, like you have to constantly power it while flying, anything involving flying should have extra costs so the player either need to have more than enough money to use it, or only use it in extreme situations.

2 Likes

I agree with you unless they add two more things.

• danger while flying, which makes it less convenient. Even more so if there is no actual combat in the sky.
  • flying mounts are super rare. So the majority of players would still need ground/water mounts

There was sky combat in Perfect World…but for this game I prefer we don’t have that :smiley:

yea most likely we won’t have it anyway^^ Or at least not until 2.0/3.0^^

1. we do have flying creatures, problem i see with that is just how it would tie together, cause either they would have to place creatures so high that they dont affect ground players, they would have to limit how high you can fly, or flying creatures would attack anything over a certain altitude from the ground (this last one might be problematic in and of itself, like standing on a mountain)

2. yeah, Log Horizon style would be the way to go if anything for flying, for those who dont know log horizon is an anime where you can get horse mounts, however if you complete an extremely dangerous raid you can get a whistle which will summon gryphons to fly on that can only be used 2 hours a day.

but yeah if you had something that could smack you out of the sky it would add a bit more balance to it.

Screw that, if they have time for that i would rather see them using them on titan vs titan tamed battle, real steel style XD

1 Like

I don’t see a problem with attacking players on a mountain. It’s their domain after all and I hope they will move in groups so they won’t be everywhere.
And it would give the players hunting grounds for creatures that normally fly to high to attack. (who wants to go on a hunting adventure?^^)
If you mention log horizon. Like that mountain with the wyvern.

But if you wanted to prevent that, so they only attack flying players you could make it so they attack only players which are x blocks away from any ground. Like you check a sphere around them. (Or a cube if you want it easy^^)

Yeah precisely.

in the end i personally am split on flying mounts, i think they suit some games, but for oort where death actually matters, i just dont think it should be easy to avoid as in for example WoW, which also as soon as they introduced flying mount nobody used ground mounts anymore, except those who didnt have flying mount cause they werent high enough level.

any system that makes it into the game, should work, add to the game, and not nullify another system completely, but that is just my opinion

1 Like

There will be 2 Portal Types.

1. Portals: Open a Gate to another World!
  2. Warps: Travel along worlds instantly and stop wasting time by “walking”, thats way to mainstream.

still not… gimme a sec

That’s even more safer than having flying mounts. So what’s the point of using normal mounts. Right?

The fact that you need to place the portal first at both places meaning that you have to have it explored already for little oortshards or use warps that are either a) random, b) consumes a player/location token, meaning that you have to have been there to get the location token or you can only teleport to your firneds, while warps also costs more oortshards as far as im aware if you had to pay consistent money for flying i wouldnt mind it either.

as i said, flying could have a place in the game if it was only for rich people or desperate situations where you dont care, i would just hate to see them as ‘‘a better ground mount’’ (personal opinion)

1 Like

Why wasting nerves on training that Beast with wings, if you can use the hot spots of our World? The small fee allows you to travel INSTANTLY around the World, to every other hotspot we made!

Just don’t you forgett! The Merchant Guild is all about your happiness and safety! Give us your money and we will give you a happy and safe travel!

Yeah, i was actually considering making a portal building, i think it would be epic if every world had a huge player run central of portals that they have to pay to use :smile:

i always loved the idea of portals, it kinda adds a permanent feel to exploration, you start somewhere and you go further out, but when you have gotten through it all and gotten pretty far out you can make a portal and a safehouse/town, and slowly the worlds would start to get populated :smile:

but yeah, as i see it portals are expensive at first but cheaper later while warp is the other way around, so

Portal = 2x 30 oortshards (starting payment for 2 frames) + 5 oortshards to open the portal
Warp= 20 oortshards per opening of the portal, no start fee

something like that, just an example

so i think its made as portals are supposed to be for those places you want to have connected and travel between alot, and warps are for more instant/emergency purpose

mounts on the other hand (if implemented in the game) would be used to explore things that are unexplored,

there is another way to avoid the issue, in my eyes there should be walking and groundmount, not flying mounts on top, but it could also be done in a way that there are walking and flying mounts, meaning that there are no groundmounts, this would be kinda sad but i could see it as working.

As always balance is everything.

1 Like

I would like if the airships would be big enough to carry more people BUT cannot be steared directly. I would like it if they only fly to points where you have built a port or a beacon, so that you have a travel route, but have to go there first with a great effort. I really don’t like the idea of flying in Oort … the only stuff I would implement would be a gliding function, but only downwards (so that you can climb up a mountain and then glide about 100 to 150 blocks til reaching the ground).

1 Like

yeah, i think gliding would be awesome and better than flying :smile:

1 Like

Wait a minute… I was under the impression that Portals were meant to take us tier to tier. How the hell can I make a Portal to someplace I can’t get to? @ben

Warps for going up worlds assume

again

warps = tempoary
portals = permanent frames

or you can move through an already placed portal, as long as you have defeated the titan from the tier under that world (that is how i read it atleast)