Material Transfer Tube

My biggest gripe with Boundless crafting isn’t the time it takes to craft items, but the wasted time crafting the materials for complex items, and then transferring those items to the next machine to finish the item. That’s where this suggestion comes in, the Material Transfer Tube (MTT) works like a spark cord, but for items. The idea is, when you set up your workshop, these tubs transfer the output from one work station to the next automatically, where that workstation is waiting for the inputs to begin crafting a pre-assigned recipe. Let’s craft a Ruby Hammer as an example. :hammer:

The current process requires 3 refined ruby :roughruby:, 4 stick, 1 leather, and 1 enriched bonding agent.
Sticks are made in a crafting table from timber, Leather is made from bark and hide in a refinery, refined rubies are made from rough rubies which are first compacted in a compactor and then refined in the refinery, and finally the all important enriched bonding agent which takes glue from a furnace, ancient AND vital essence from an extractor, is crafted in a mixer. That’s a lot of stuff to craft and then transfer to your workbench to craft your final item!

MTT streamlines this process. You simply input your raw materials into their proper crafting machines, select your crafted recipe, and the MTT will transfer the finished reagents to the next waiting machine in the process until your finished product is completed. You can create a crafting que that turns raw materials into finished goods by simply dictating your desired finished product. Ideally, you could even attach a storage chest at the beginning and/or end of the process to provide bulk raw materials and store finished products for pickup at the end of the process.

17 Likes

We need this! And a storage machine that holds items for use in crafting to connect to it! If the MTT’s could also transfer spark in the same line for compactness that would save so much time running around looking for ingreadeants.

3 Likes

I kinda figured any storage chest would be sufficient. Of course, all work stations already have input slots that could be manually filled, this idea just basically connects one workstations output que with the next stations input que, and prompts it to start crafting a pre-selected recipe as soon as all required items are present.

1 Like

sweet idea might i add item filter tubes so can autosort at same time :grin:

2 Likes

Sure, who doesn’t love a well sorted workshop?

4 Likes

Psychopaths, that’s who! And we are not psychopaths @devs. Most of us are not psychopaths.

1 Like

Anything that moves the needle towards automation (much like liquids, doors, ice/slide and trampolines have!)

3 Likes

Wellll…
Most of us.

1 Like

https://forum.playboundless.com/t/ressource-lines/33957

some days ago i suggested it too =)

1 Like

Ooh, great minds think alike!

1 Like

Include shopping stands, request baskets and portals to this for super system :smiley:
Crafting & automation update like this :drooling_face:

2 Likes

So like in Minecraft basically with sorting tubes? It’s a fun system

real men don’t xD

I sorted my whole storage area out a little while ago and had a “misc” chest. Now every chest is a misc chest :weary:

3 Likes

yep i feel you lol
and then u search for minutes for that 1 item…and you cannot find it so you either make new or buy new.
then at some point find that 1 item back

1 Like

Yep this is me, every damn day haha!!

1 Like

not just you lol…that makes at least 2 because i’m the same and its funny when i have a friend ask me for some item and he comes to see me and says…how can you find everything in these storage’s?
and i’m like oooh you know just remember where its located but to be honest 10 min later i forgot where i put it…but they don’t have to know so hopefully doesn’t see this message xD

i really should tell them , please let me know 1 day before if you need something… it gives me some time to search for it

1 Like

the idea would be fine, just like messenger drones for storage, for those days that don’t fit in your pockets anymore