Materials with an expiration for building Scaffold

I propose for a new type of material (block) which would expire after maybe 8 or 24 hours being placed to be used as a scaffold to build tall buildings

The materials required to craft the scaffold are timber and foliage. The materials would dissapear/dissolve as they wither/decay

7 Likes

awesome idea :smiley: building will be much easier :slight_smile:

i think we were asking for ladders for years :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s be nice to have a ladder as well. Right now Iā€™m using Ovisā€™ invention to create the ā€œladderā€

I can only assume the expering materials would be easier to implement because the game already have a mechanism to make building materials dissapear from expiring beacons and reclaim

3 Likes

oh? Got a link?

3 Likes

There you go :+1: :smiley:

6 Likes

Scaffolding could be an interesting blockā€¦

Theyā€™d have to tweak it a fair bit for a hard timer, the reclaim is xblocks per sec, and the expiration mechanic uses a similar ā€œticking clockā€ to how farming crops grow, meaning itā€™s semi random when they disappear, and not in any order.

Not that they couldnā€™t do it, although as soon as you add a completely temporary block to the game players will want a not so temporary one with the same lookā€¦ Then it will be hard to tell the difference like trap doors and reg doorsā€¦ Although if they just change the icon to be a little different you could fix both of those :thinking: ok, talked back into it, just give a non temporary version of the design, maybe that adds glue to the materials needed and Iā€™m completely on board :wink:

1 Like

that would be nice

1 Like