Max # of Guild Members - people have to buy Gleam Club to join now?

is it possible that some people in your guild had gleam club, but their gleam club expired? Is the current count of non-gleam-club members actually under 100?

According to the image, it looks like 11 people (or more) in the guild let their gleam club expire. So you’d need to prune the guild. I think they should raise the guild cap personally.

Since you have gleam club, you (or your alts) leaving the guild doesn’t affect the count anyway.

I’m not a fan of the mechanic. If they want to hit people up for cash, do it for guild owners not members (eg if the guild owner has gc the cap is doubled etc). But I think they should just generally increase the limit/cap for everyone. The current system is not very boundless.

Doesn’t GC give us a 400/500 player cap?

I’m not sure how I would be able to tell if someone is still playing, if they had GC but no longer do… :woman_shrugging:t3:

Yeah. It would be helpful if it said in guild lists when the player last logged on, to assist in pruning lists.

1 Like

There’s an icon in the member list you can look at.

Even if I was able to see that someone had GC but no longer does, why in the world would I kick them out for that? I’m not going to punish any player for not buying GC. I don’t see the point in the higher cap if it doesn’t work right.

I’m not trying to create a guild of just gleam club members :frowning_face:

I’m not sure if they will consider changing things, but what @SePras does for PS is to record everyone’s endevour periodically, and if a member isn’t gleam club, and hasn’t contributed endevour, then they get kicked, as they are not using the buffs anyways. People are welcome to join back at any time.

I understand that’s not ideal, but it’s the only way we’ve figured out to work around the guild limit issue.

EDIT: we consider people to be “in the guild” even if they aren’t in the in-game guild. The in-game guild is really just public buffs. You don’t even have to join our discord to get them, we don’t reconcile it.

2 Likes

I can appreciate that some guild have strict rules for participation, but I am not interested in playing like that. I would never kick anyone unless they were harassing other players in some way.

1 Like

This has been brought up a couple of times and really shows how alts can crush guild counts. I am not part of any large guilds, but we still ran into pop problems with alts when guilds released.

5 Likes

Guild limit is bummer, could there be chance to make it work so that gc players could boost capacity of one guild, something like that Discord channel/server boost is.

2 Likes

The guild limit exists I think primarily to limit buffs. Maybe what we need is a separate collection of players who are in the guild vs players who will receive buffs. The players who receive buffs can still be limited, but the people allowed to receive the tag and participate in guild chat should be unlimited IMO…

3 Likes

I don’t think alts should count against the Guild cap.

I guess I misunderstood the Gleam Club benefits as including a higher player cap 400/500.

They already restrict people to one main guild in order to control receiving buffs.

I also saw a post where it was said that you were limited to joining 10 guilds, but I think we can only join 5.

So now…one of the mall founders new characters can’t join the mall guild unless I kick like 11 people and their alts. #feelsbadman :unamused:

1 Like

I like the current guild caps if they made it per account instead of character. It would limit your guild options, but I think larger social groups could be made by adding in communities. None of the guild buffs, but permissions for beacons could be added to help with fueling and whatnot.

In all fairness, I also rarely use buffs because they are kind of wasted on just @Stretchious and I. So I may not see the benefits a community would lack.

1 Like

It does tho?? I am sure it does, have seen it and used it…

1 Like

Yeah, it shows it if you click their name in the list… and if they have logged in at least once since that update that added the feature.

At this moment in portal seekers we check how long someone has been offline. Depending on how fast we get full we kick people. At this moment it is 2 weeks last logged in means that we see you as inactive.

We only check non gleamclub members. Since we need the normal.member spots.

2 weeks might be short. But it’s not that much effort in my opinion to join us. And we take the effort to clean the memberlist so that everyone can join.

That you don’t kick anyone is your choice but that there is a cap is normal. The difference between normal player and gleamclub seems odd for sure. But that’s the Dev choise

If a player hasn’t been on since we the update that shows their last time they were on. Jt was before that update so

2 Likes

We sure don’t have strict rules. Be online is at the moment the only rule we use and we kick only when necessary.

We don’t like to kick people either. But to give active players spots is in my opinion more important then someone who decided to quit boundless.

If you want to join again. Just walk to the book and apply again. That’s all you have to do to be in most guilds.

2 Likes

Do guild factions have their own pop limits? Maybe that could help?
I’m really not sure, just thought it could be a possible workaround.

I believe every GC member brings one more bonus place
in your case probably for several people the GC expired so you end up with having overfilled capacity.
You would need to go down under 136 members to accept new ones.
Every alt counts as one member (I noticed when joining my guild I am taking significant space with adding my alts)

The theoretical bonus cap of 400 would mean that 400 of the members have GC. [Edit wrong calculation]
I think the logic shall be changed to allow the GC member join always unless the 400 cap is reached.

The guild allows you to see when the person was last online, so you can filter those who did not play for months.