Max XP Farming

Has anyone tested to see if you get more XP via Fast Brew + Teaching Pie vs Fast Brew + Starberry Pie? This was during some gleamball farming.

After some quick observations, with both Energy Epics, I noticed that with a 100 Speed Hammer, both Hammer Mastery (max) and Hammer Epic it takes me 20 seconds to burn through my Energy and 10 secs to replenish it.

With Starberry Pies I have zero downtime.

So… 144xp per 9 blocks with 10 sec downtime vs 72xp per 9 blocks with no downtime.

Seems to me that Starberry may be the better choice.

1 Like

I always do starberry pie for maximum speed possible without having to stop. Then I save my teaching pies for all building and crafting and stuff and get so many more levels that way through it.

5 Likes

Don’t you need to have downtime anyways to throw and wait for the regen bomb?

I always used persisting pies to get the most out of my hammers and use teaching pies for the crafting part only. But I go for more of a balance between exp gain and coin gain, So I use persisting pies so I buy less hammer.

1 Like

True Regen is another downtime.

Isn’t healing bombs + xp pie better when it is about xp?

Well, it’s mostly when I grind gleamballs and say go mining that I was questioning.

All in all, here is what I do when I am trying to get a lot of cubits/xp for plots. I queue up a mass amount of concrete in 16 machines (for my concrete shop)…a mass amount of rock in 16 machines (for gravel), a mass amount of gravel in 16 machines (for sand) and then I go farm gleamballs during the time that those are cooking.

I use the Rock/Gravel for sand for concrete. I gain a lot of XP this way and it’s quite fast. Was just trying to min-max like always.

1 Like

It matters if you can team, at the extreme ends.

Actually no. You can regen on a cycle of fractions of a second. It’s hard to maintain around 1 second or less (manually) while you’re farming but it can be done for a few minutes at a time.

If you can get a bomber they can regen essentially non stop and you never have to let off the tool. You can fill both inventories (bomber and swinger) in a couple minutes.

6 - 8 players can lock down a planet this way :smiling_imp:

Yeah I’m definitely talking about stationary block farming. There’s no reason to be using regen bombs while mining :rofl:

If you have a partner, this is the way. If not, starberries. Or persist, if you are farming for blocks. Having a dual bombing partner adds a good amount of flexibility regarding both buffs and offhand options.

EDIT: Going to put this here for people who don’t understand what I’m talking about.

Adding a partner with a regen bomb in one hand and a set of heal/replenish bombs in the other hand (only need level 2 forging for this) means that the tool user can go non-stop with any configuration while their energy is endlessly replenished.

1 Like

I used to use this method. But now since I forge my own hammers and coin hasn’t been an issue for me in years, it’s so much more value for my time to go Starberry. I rarely use a brew even more bepending on the tool I have or activity I’m doing.

My best method for gaining xp still is either mining or building.

My Method
Teaching Pies + Mega Recovery Brews
Speed + Dura hammers
for T1-T2 Gleamball

Bombing partner helps much because of bomb collision. Could it achieve 210k xp gleam mining under 4 minutes :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah there’s mention in that thread I linked about dragging over a dead mob to accelerate single player farming. It does enable instant bombs but also it’s a headache to deal with that every three minutes.

For me continuous wins, over that sort of delay.

For you @almund I could participate in a test. I do this sort of thing for block farming tbh, other than stats for stuff I’ve posted I never even calculate XP.

Your calculation with the 20 seconds uptime and 10 seconds down time shows that teaching pie is better.

20 up, 10 down means you have 33.33% uptime, it would have to be 50% to make it even because the pie gives you x2 xp. So teaching is better, also better for item durability and if you’re feeling fancy throw a energy bomb

But if you want more Gleam, starberry is better ofc