Maybe dumb idea, NFTs?

Land plot NFTs have started to become a thing in other games like decentraland, why not in boundless? While not a perfect 1:1, it would be pretty cool to “own” the land properties in a more permanent way like that.

Probably never going to happen, but legit I’d probably start playing again if there were some blockchain features and economy.

3 Likes

No.
We don’t need NFTs to invade this game, like it has already. They serve no real purpose, and considering its environmental consequences, I’m even more against it.

7 Likes

What Ocfos said … on top of that it’s a big old ponzi scheme. :wink:

5 Likes

Why would this be an incentive to play, though? I mean, as MadManMoon said; It’s basically a Ponzi Scheme, so there’s no real way for players to benefit from it.
Pyramid Schemes only work for the top brass, and that’s not really good for a community.

1 Like

These guys^^ are right. Boundless is above all that as a game. Decentraland is a cool idea and I have an account I logged into once but there’s really nothing to it (yet) except new ways to scam people. That’s what Boundless would turn into.

That said, I thought about it before, for fun, and have to say it is enjoyable to think about, for fun.

7 Likes

it would end up with a few people with strong opinions yelling at each other and the rest having no clue what’s going on except for a vague feeling of unpleasantness

8 Likes

NO

5 Likes

What is nft?

An NFT is a non-fungible token. Like what bitcoin gives you. It’l like investing in q unique integer.

2 Likes

We already have NFTs… portal TOKENS… I will sell you one right now for 10,000,000 coin! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m gonna dump all my portal tokens, to reduce its value then! :joy:

4 Likes

I’m going to HODL my Boundless coins. Diamond hands, baby! :roughdiamond:

2 Likes

To the moon! :rocket: :rocket:

3 Likes

I guess rental planets could also be considered NFTs since they are unique digital assets. Monthly gas fees are killer though.

8 Likes

Small correction.

A bitcoin is fungible, like a dollar bill.
An NFT is non-fungible, thus unique.

That’s only layer 1 ETH though. Side-chains and layer 2 solutions would need to be the way for a game. Axie made it’s own, but nothing wrong with using polygon/optimism/arbitrum

Most smart contract chains are proof of stake nowadays, and eth is going to be one soon. There’s plenty of reasons to be against NFTs but the environmental impact is barely one of them.

1 Like

I was joking. I don’t see Boundless adding the ability to trade NFTs.

5 Likes

It is on the South Bank of London’s Thames river and is the National Film Theatre. It is run by the BFI (British Film Institute) and has a quite wonderful array of amazing, amazing, films … and (I believe) a streaming service, too!

5 Likes

This would probably be the only thing left for this game to die in a very negative way, the servers were going to close with the hatred of many people. Me included.

4 Likes