Mesh Limit Design Changes

Thanks, I did try looking there but wasn’t too sure which part showed the relevant information.

There is an option in dev tools under Selection, Current chunk which shows you details on the chunk your pointer is looking at. Each plot sits in a specific chunk. As you move around you will see that change and you can figure out how it works. Also each plot shows the mesh count for the whole chunk.

1 Like

Exactly, I used the F1 developer tools as wellicht tot tijd out wat was ging on. There I found the 512 mesh count in the current chunk. Is was adding additional storage to my vertical oriented building, which appear to be exactly inside a chunk, which is 2x2 plots. Is temporary resolved the issue nu removing crafting tables and relaxing torches with gleam as these don’t seem to be meshed.

Maybe the devs can raise the mesh limit to 1024, in stead of 512. It would alsof help of there would be something kind of list with items that are being meshed. We van the try prevent over usage of these items.

@blake can you enlighten is in this situation?

1 Like

I believe things being meshed are anything that has a different model than normal voxel blocks. (not sure if that includes chiselled blocks though), such as machines, power coils, doors etc.

1 Like

You are right, but sometimes it is bit hard to see. Is a crafting table a voxel or a mesh? It seems square and does not display items but it is a mesh, just as the storage blocks. Looks like it has to be a perfect square without transparency (disregarding chiseling) to ben a voxel in stead of a mesh.

I actually did test chiseld blocks (gleam for lighting) yesterday and they do not count as meshes.

You can tell it’s a mesh because it has more faces than a cube. The legs for example. The same goes for a storage block.

1 Like

Yup… at least from what I could tell…

It can add up quickly.

1 Like

Thank you for this I basically had to tear down my farm because of hitting mesh limit now I can plan it out a little better :pray:

1 Like