Messed up lighting?

Here is the inside of my ‘house’ (shack) before I put a torch in my hand:

Notice how it gets darker towards my cursor and lighter on the upper most corners. Also, all the objects on the shelves in the darkened area have their colours highly saturated on one side (You can see on multiple of the square blocks that all sides except the front aren’t saturated, the sides that are not saturated are covered in what looks like a white ‘sheen’.)

Here, is after:

I don’t know what causes this, but putting any light source in my hand fixes it. However, I have to do this every time that section of the world is loaded (in this case, just my house). This does not happen in rooms where it is lit up by gleam, it only seems to happen with torches. I haven’t tried every glowing piece of decoration so don’t quote me on it.

I hope this gets fixed soon as I don’t really want to have to remove and replace a torch every time I enter my home.

Also, something else of note:

A torch being held in my hand is brighter than a torch I’m standing directly in front of. It’ll cast more light on the objects and walls surrounding me than of a torch already existing in the block directly opposite me. Why is this the case? It doesn’t make any sense. I think this may be a balancing issue more than an intentional thing, so I don’t really fault any of the devs for it. However, I do think it is something that needs to be changed and addressed.

Is it related to this?

I’m not too sure, this happened to me during the night, so it can’t be the daytime bleeding into the build. :thinking: