Meteor events - new dev idea

Hello Devs,

New idea here. Could we have meteor shower events added to the game, where a chance occurence could happen on the planets, where a meteor shower occurs and multiple meteors fall into each region at the same time or slightly off tempo. The catch is having them all drop close enough to make it a type of “raid” meteor event where if you attack one you have to attack all 3 or 4 meteors at the same time, sort of like a boss fight. Meaning they are too close to lose meteor lifes unless the whole group wipes and dies. I think this would be completely epic and add an end game challenge for groups of hunters

I think this would be awesome.

This could also have t7 gems radiation, altering s some of the blocks nearby to have blink, umbris, and rift.

3 Likes

We had requested this before as well sometimes it happens on Cardass. At least its the only planet I have had it happen on.

Other topic:

2 Likes

In EA when meteors were new and we all were kind of helping with the testing, James spawned 3 like LVL5 or 6 at once on the group of 30 people we had. It was kind of hell on earth… much carnage. I think I have a screenshot somewhere of them coming down.

3 Likes

I’ve been on a few hunts on Live that had 2-3 level 6 meteors in close proximity. Lot of defeats, lots of fun, and way too much lag.

1 Like

I don’t know If I understand your use of the word „Radiation“

The material that is undergoing radioactive decay itself is the one that would be changed into a different element. The near by things would simply become Ionized.

Radiating, not radiation. So not like hazardous or nuclear, but where part of the meteor spreads through the ground and changes due to the extreme pressure and heat caused by the collision, changing into t7 gems.

1 Like

I would say maybe have a chance to trigger off of a number of players in a region or something? I know when I am out and about (on my squishy alt not hunting), one meteor can be a hassle. Meteor drop close to where I have been building on Circarpous, and it is very inconvenient when I just want to build in peace lol. Having a shower would be a nightmare! :stuck_out_tongue:

But think of the epicness, we need emergency beacon signals when a builder is in distress. “Trumpet noises” the cavalry is coming.

Oortian task force

2 Likes

HAH! That DOES sound pretty awesome!

1 Like

Yea this has happened a few times and almost every time I think there might have been a dev in the crowd. I won’t confirm or deny that statement.