Meteorite level

Hi everybody ^^

I was going around on Vulpto, exploring and hunting alone… I usually do all the meteorites that falls down as they are level 1 and 2.
Yesterday I hit lvl 50 and for the first time a level 3 meteorite falled down for me, I was pretty worried but managed to do it without dying. I’ve been really happy! Then I went around and triggered anoter 3 or 4 meteor but they were all lvl 1

Question: the level 3 meteorite happened because being lvl 50 unlock the possibilities for that to happen, or something i did not noticed happened - like somebody warped in and away while i was there, jsut the time to trigger a lvl3 meteor?

Suggestion: I would really enjoy if going around with my lvl 50 hunter would trigger more lvl 2 than lvl 1 meteorites, as now it’s the countrary, and definetly to trigger also lvl 3… of 10 meteorites would be nice to averagely trigger 3* lvl1 - 4* lvl2 - 3* lvl3

something like a chek on your character recognize if you are lvl 50 and if you have spent most of your points on hunting/defensive skills, this may trigger lvl 3 meteorites

the lvl 1 meteorites it’s ok as it makes me feel like “wow i remember when this was a problem, i’ve improved so much!”, in 3 minutes it’s done and finished.
the lvl 2 meteorites it’s ok as it makes me feel more technical, like “ok this is not a problem anymore, i chose the right skills for my playstyle, but should change this and that, bla bla bla” but they are not a problem anymore and it doesn’t take all the time it was taking before.
the lvl 3 meteorites yesterday maked me feel like “oooh! finally a good challange!” it was risky and a lot of fun, i wasn’t having that fun since some time while soloing around… it is something that i have to choose if i want to do it or not as it takes some time, it’s risky etc.

1 Like

You could always “rent-a-gatherer” ™ to follow you around, I’ve found that 2 medium to high level players in a region are much more effective at triggering lvl3’s :wink:

1 Like

that is because as we know meteorite level scales with number of players… it doesn’t fit with what i’m suggesting :slight_smile:
and having a second (or third) person with me it’s not a solo challenging situation… it’s a “let me Duck the system so i get lvl 3 meteorites”, and anyway why should i take a gatherer with me, i would take an hunter to do it faster… and as you saw on Discord i ask often for somebody to come and hunt with me… but what i am suggesting is not about “i want to get more loot”

it’s about enjoyng the game at lvl 50 when you are an expert hunter. It’s not something you solve forcing me to trigger a mechanic. just recognize that at a certain point i deserve a higher challenge :wink:

2 Likes

Totally agree with you. Would be great if they scaled with “total level of players in region” instead of just number of players… that way a single lvl50 and 3 level15’s get treated similarly when it comes to spawning. (In retrospect, a level 3 would probably wipe the floor with 3 lvl 15s anyway, maybe a more complex [total level + average level ] approach making it [50+50] vs [45+15] in example).

Yep I’ve seen you ask for hunting partners, must admit the building comp kept me busy since I re spec’ed my hunter so i havent answered the call either.

I offered a gatherer because then you’d still solo the meteorites, as a focused gatherer might not have the needed skills to help on a lvl3 , you’d be the bodyguard and they’d be the meteorite bait hehe.

Tl;dr- yep higher level more meteorite please

2 Likes

I tought this idea wopuld have been more welcomed

don’t know what to think, maybe there aren’t that many lvl 50 hunters? or people have just sitted flat on group hunt, so they just log the character when group hunting?

Maybe if you had more base threat with more hunter-based skills, and threat contributed to the level of the meteorite as well as the number of people.

1 Like

I found the jump from level 1 meteorites to level 2 to be very unfun. They felt like they had about 6 times as many mobs for a negligible increase in reward so I avoid them. So I don’t think I’d be interested in level 3s solo.

1 Like

I completely avoid all meteorites (except dormant ones) simply because I find the reward not worth the effort regardless of whether it’s easy or hard.

2 Likes

If / when you’re level 50 and specced as a hunter, Lvl2s should be reasonably straightforward with some edgy moments but perfectly do-able. Lvl3s are always a challenge and most enjoyable (IMO), you also ideally need a decent buff like shielding pie to make it smoother.

1 Like

I have 2 level 50 characters, one of them speced as hunter, and I have done multiple level 2 meteorites, so my opinion wasn’t based on just one, in case the first few weren’t typical, that’s how I KNOW, they weren’t fun (IMO).
For this activity I think my feelings are more like GreyArt’s.
Just providing some player feedback.

Edit: thinking back, my experiences are from several months ago, in case they have changed since then.
I think the first few meteorites I had fun with, because they were new, but then after 30 or more I got tired of doing them. So maybe repetition may have decreased how fun they were.

2 Likes

Mines a level 50+ hunter/miner/explorer that has no trouble surviving on Munteen VII but as a predominantly independent player I find the rewards in meteors somewhat lacking. I used to have a lot more fun and found it far more rewarding when higher tier mobs dropped gems. It gave me a reason to hunt them and although slow it was a steady way of obtaining gems that are otherwise very difficult to find when mining even with the atlas which is always completely out of date with regards to amethyst and topaz hot spots.

1 Like

mine is a pure hunter

lvl 1 meteorites i do them in 3 minutes
lvl 2 meteorites depends by the terrain
lvl 3 it’s a challange :smiley:

But still, up to today, it happened only once to get a lvl 3 and i still don’t know if it was only because of me.

Thte reward: surely while solo hunting you get FAR less than group hunting, from a point of view “at least you get something”, from another “it’s boring”… getting lvl 3 meteorites would make it more rewarding and less boring

2 hours of group hunting rewards (only gems)
diamond 23 | ruby 20 | amethyst 26 | topaz 23 | emerald 23 | sapphire 26
my first impression? after 2 hours of the most loot-rewarding way to get gems hunting, you are not able to craft a slingbow of any type (you need at least 30 gems for that)

solo hunting reward is averagly 4 to 5 times lower, and you travels between regions for a lot of time, to get the average loot of a 2 hours hunting it takes 9<10<11 hours

group hunting loot is not related directly to you: if you are a lvl 25 character with maxed luck/bonus-stat you will get exactly the same loot as a lvl 50, all will get averagly the same loot

solo hunting loot is completely related to you and as it is now there is no difference between a lvl 35 solo hunter (or a lvl 50 hunter/miner/explorer) and a lvl 50 super specced professional hunter

2 Likes

I also have to agree. While I’ll go after the occasional level 1, I can fairly easily do a level 2, and if I were actually fully spec’d hunter instead of a hybrid jack-of-all-trades, I’d expect level 3s to actually be fairly easy for me to solo from what I’ve seen of them.

I’d never go after level 2 or 3 solo even with a fully spec’d hunter currently. It’s just not worth it. 1 gem of each type (2 if you’re lucky…) and a handfull of oort stones? Nah, I’d just blitz the level 1s for approximately the same reward in a fraction of the time.

1 Like

Totally agree with you. Definitely a need to up the amount of rewards from L2 & L3.

1 Like