Meteors and Oortstone

Please fix the drop rate. Fairly certain most players only chase these for Raw Oortstone or creature drops. (At high levels, for the ichor and sentinel crests.) Drops have been getting worse lately. Just dropped 2 meteors on Ceph and got 3 RO from the first, and 2 from the second.
I can get that from dormants.
These rates aren’t worth the time. At this rate, I will need to close all portals because they are unsustainable. Then it’s not worth maintaining the bases or new planets either.
I know Monty and crew are new and forming a team, but please fix this ASAP.

Hunts aren’t the answer as they are rare when I get a chance to play. It’s ok for gathering to take some effort solo or small groups, but this is ridiculous.

Thanks.

1 Like

do you hunt alone or with others i never seen numbers that low
also do you have full luck and attribute bonus that could also be the reason you are seeing low numbers.

Solo or small groups. 2 -3 people. This was solo and I’ve never seen it this low, either. Usually 6-8 on a Core 1, Tier 3 world.
Full luck and All Attributes. (First 2 things I always build on an alt, too.) 8 and 5

ok hopefully you get a some one from support checking it out
you should also make a in game ticket if its possible

Thanks glr.
Good luck on your hunts. Will join if one pops up in a time I can run.

1 Like

I live on a T3 planet (Bitula) and I get from 5 to 8 oortstones from it doing solo. Seems fine to me.

If you join the large hunts that occur everyday for T4-T7, you’ll get the same oortstones, but better animal drops

3 Likes

Is your luck maxed?

It has always been annoying for me that with maxed luck I can have 1 oort stone from a meteor, even t6 on a big hunt would drop 3 or 4 often enough to drive me nuts.

Always thought it would be better if luck attribute guaranteed certain minimum level at a price of lowered possible maximum.
In short: less weight of random factor.

4 Likes

Honestly if they eliminated all gem stones, metal ore, fossils and ancient tech and substituted it with Oort. Everyone would be happier.

And yes it makes sense that you might get those things from a meteor. But for peoples sanity. Can we not. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::rofl::rofl::v::beers:

5 Likes

If we aren’t going to get minable oort seams (they’re in the game files), maybe we could have a 5% chance that a falling meteor would be an oort geode or something. Kinda like the Gleambow meteor. You have to reach it before it turns to rock and harvest as many oort seam blocks as you can.

11 Likes

Gleambow style :+1: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I think that’s a great idea. But would take a whole lot more work which we won’t see for 6-10 months or longer. Where as changing drop rates might be a easier fix to hold people over till new things can get implemented.

1 Like

Max luck and max additional. I have the Collector, etc. as well.
I have always agreed with removing metals and fossils.
The meteors are essentially geodes already in the hollow design, so majorvex’s idea would be good, too.

If they would just tweak the min/max to make oort sustainable, I’ll be happy for months.

Thanks Oortians.

2 Likes

What’s your time frame? Roommate and I can take you on a hunt and help.

1 Like

Honestly this doesn’t sound like a bad idea. Only thing I would like if this does happen, that regardless of who breaks the seams, everyone around gets the drops from those seams, not only the person to break them.

2 Likes

Or we could just make Oort Augments and spawn them in ourselves lol :joy:

Edit: Maybe from an Oort event or something

2 Likes

Hey all! So I’m gunna play devils advocate on this one…

Firstly, I think this should be under “Suggestions”, not “Support”. While the rate may be low, it is working as intended scale-wise.

Second, I agree that it is a very low amount for solo-ing. However, I don’t believe that meteors were necessarily intended for solo-ing though. That’s why there’s the incentive to have larger groups and get higher tier ones. I understand that not everyone is on a schedule to attend large hunts. So find something to farm and fill baskets, then take that coin and buy oort…there are ways! Increasing the drop rate will only devalue Oort for those who do make the hunts. While it gets to a point where portals feel like an absolute necessity, they are really just a luxury. If one has too many portals to keep up with, then its probably time to downsize a few!

1 Like

Just a question but on the skill page you were using what is your Luck set to? I have not seen an issue with drop rates myself. Even if I solo a meteor i see on avg. 9+ on avg of even core 1 or 2’s. I tried two meteors on ceph just to see. I got 3 on the first one core 1 and 13 on the second one core 2. Also don’t rely on what you see pop up look in inventory to verify.

This is gonna be a dumb question, I accept that upfront, but are you checking your bags or the window cause sometimes I see 2 oort or 1 ooortt when I really got 18. Like it gives me 16 and then two for my luck or something…

4 Likes

You would have to read back into some of the early stuff, really for this. In fact, apparently they figured that meteors would “mostly” be a solo activity. This does, admittedly, go back into the time before anybody really thought about portal networks, really.

James speaks a bit, in a snippet about spawning rules, about how they envisioned high level planets, that people would live and play there, and come out to fight meteors around their base.

With networks up though, things just never happened that way. Most people stayed living at low levels for convenient interactions and low level alts, and hunting turned into primarily a group activity.

That’s when they changed the spawn mechanic, and added the triggers at region centers.

1 Like