Mine’s not regenerating!

Haven’t been mining since that first day the last patch came out. I went bomb mining to see how bad the nerf was (horrible by the way). Today is my first day back at mining but to my alarm and concern the mines have not regenerated! The same stones I placed there to cover lava and reach higher are ALL there. There are huge stright lines of bomb holes spanning endlessly still there. Literally all the mining sites I frequently visit on Serpensirindi are still filled with the same holes from days ago.

1 Like

They still take awhile to regen large areas of land that have been changed. It just starts quicker, and smaller changes don’t take as long. I think that that is another of the “reasons” for the nerf of bombs.

I have yet to see any changes made to the place I was mining in Serp as well. Not only my own tunnels but the aoe caves I happened upon from someone else. Usually the regen starts in little chunks before filling in the rest but there isn’t even the start of it happening.

Longer for large ares carved out is fine. However several days after a huge are has been mined without a single block regenerating is not ok. This is most certainly a bug.

Has this only been noticed on Serpensarindi? I can say that that planet has been very popular these last few days, and it could be possible that the areas are just being traveled through extremely frequently. Especially considering that Diamonds are the most popular gem bar none. And the starting point to getting power to your machines. I am not saying this is the case but just stating the possibility.

2 Likes

This is probably the case, i ran across a few gravel bridges over lava myself this weekend so im sure others are running over the same spots as well.

I thought that at first as well. But I checked all areas I mine at. Which are all over the planet with the same result. To triple check I just made a random line of underground holes in resourceless areas where no reasonable person would go mine. I’ll report on it tomorrow.

When I go mining, beside my hammer, I also use a chisel to probe for lava, and caves. Since the update that ended chisel xp except in beacon plots, I would place a campfire, so that I can get xp for chiseling. Even though campfire last for 2 hrs, they may cause the mines to regen slower.

Is Serpensarindi still so busy that it is not regenerating?

It may also be the amount of rock taken out of a chunk. So now if you remove 100 blocks from a chunk (a 3x3 aoe hammer removes more than this in a straight line), it takes 4 hours before regen starts and 24 hours for regen to complete. If someone removes a block in the chunk it starts all over.

I think the main reason is because the area you cleared out, almost NEVER stays inactive due to the foot traffic that Serpensarindi gets.

Serp is by far the most popular hunting/mining grounds. Since it has two of the most important resources. (Diamonds and Rubies.)

The only solution to this problem is new planets. To evenly spread out the farmers rather than sticking Diamond on only one planet, meaning ALL the farmers flock there… which aggravates me.

Kind of hard to achieve personal goals when you can’t even farm on the planet since everybody has already mined all the diamonds.

Shedu, Alcyon, Besevrona, or Cardass don’t even have diamond. It’s so dumb. We need a new diamond planet, or two, or even three please!!

4 Likes

Actually, Alcyon Technically has more Diamond than Ruby, at least according to the Resource list % on the world tab. Alcyon is the Ruby world, so has both ruby and diamond as well. I do agree otherwise, NEED. More. Gem. Worlds!!!

This is interesting, from gem mining recently I’d come across a load of bomb holes, groan because i thought the area had been stripped, but then started finding resources in the walls of those.

Most of the time it’s just coal and stuff, so it might have been left behind but it seems like there’s still partial regeneration ongoing.

At the end of the day the heat map updates live so if it shows there is resources there then, you will find them.

thinks are not regenerating at all after weeks of mining it, there are places it has been 5-6 days since been back and things have not regenerated AT all

Heat maps only update once every 24 hours. I tried asking on another thread I created on the subject if the update is globally the same time for everyone or if it’s dependant on time zones, planets etc but none of the Devs have chipped in, probably too busy with updates etc …my suspicion is that it happens at the same time globally so for some people the heat map will always be pretty accurate but for someone on the other side of the world by the time they wake up, go to work and come home to log on their heat map could be 17-19 hours or more out of date. Which would explain why some people seem to have no problems with them and others find them totally useless.

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know that, I’ve not checked it live like that or anything, but I remember watching a video where Jivita mined a mountain out, and showed it had disappeared, so I assumed it was live.

Probably for good reason it only gets run once a day, don’t need that kind of processing bogging down the servers if it was updated frequently.

That said they could update the frequency a bit.

No, there’s no reason to update the frequency of the regeneration. It is perfectly fine the way it is right now. The problem is the frequency of foot traffic there. There’s too many people that frequent serp grounds to the point where it won’t regenerate. Because of the fact after a person has finished mining, an hour later another person strolls by the vast tunnel the previous miner made… therefore making serp not regenerate as it should. The only solution is more planets!

I am all for more planets.

Oh sorry my mistake. I meant updating the atlas heat map more regularly.

I do agree with the more planets rule. Quite often serp is at cap and it can be difficult to get in. Let alone find a spot that hasn’t been mined already.

My concern is they’re going to just add higher tier planets and honestly. Just no. 5 is about the highest I want to go. 6 was just horrific. Even with max mining skills breaking the rock there just takes too damn long.

I appreciate there is buffs to get and I am starting to acquire those but there is a point where I don’t want to take food and pots with me just to be able to run to a location without getting 1 shot by overly persistent cuttles.

1 Like

Oh! Well the only solution to making the heat map work more efficiently is to add a sonar blip to it. Once you’re in proximity of a certain resource, it can beep or have a blip on the atlas when you’re close enough. You do make a good point tho, it should be updated every 12 hours rather than 24.