Mining food

What foods are best used to help with mining?

persisting food

2 Likes

Persisting foods, or foods that give the well-fed buff(you don’t lose max stamina)

also strength or speed brews. Also I take lots of cooked prime meat to keep energy high.

1 Like

I use persisting pies with heal2 or heal3 bombs. That way I’m not eating 300 prime steaks a mining session

1 Like

depends greatly in what you’re mining, which tools you use and what your skill layout is like.
if you’re fully specced and using max forged gem tools - persisting is the clear winner.

for less than max tools you may want a strength brew if it takes you to 1-shot, and then persisting, well fed or energising foods* (if you energize then heal bombs are a good idea if you can get them for a price thats acceptible).

If you’re mining with alloy tools, persist pies may be worth more than your tool so not quite as good an option; for high crit tools like gold you could consider critical foods to increase your average damage and drop your number of hits per block.

If you’re farming rocks on lower tiers you could either do iron tools with a speed brew, or copper tools with a strength brew - both to buff your rate of harvesting if it gets you to 1shot. worth noting that strength& copper tools use significantly less energy than speed + iron tools if both can 1shot.

in general if you’ve already got a 1shot setup or you are mining in caves without expensive tools, good old fashion well fed foods work out pretty nicely considering you can easily get 40mins of buff for <100c

3 Likes

Rolling through t6 world’s with iron hammers that are forged(low forging, just getting into it) so in guessing I’ll use strength brews.

Do your persisting food and strength brew buffs stack?

yes they do, you can combine any food with brew buffs

Indeed they do! The only place i really forge non gems (wrt tools not weapons/grapples) is silver shovels with 3x3 (they need a little dmg buff iirc to 1shot starter muds), my all time favourite bushwhacker silver axes that use 0 stamina with whatever speed and dura i can cheaply stack on, (arie fears my lumberjack) and gold shovels with high crit rate to smack down some shiny shimmers.

Yeah im just a noob on the forge and can only craft level two stuff need to get my coils to do 3tier but certainly have lots of the materials

Which only works for a few more days!

1 Like

Have they said they are nerfing the heal/stamina bombs?

Next patch…