Mining speed for crafted stuff

Hello, I don’t know if somebody mentioned this before, but I haven’t found a post about this topic.

My suggestion: I would like to see an improvement of the mining speed for things we place in our beacon. I mean my Iron Hammer needs 4 hits for Rock, but like 10 hits for Refined Rock. Those materials (which have to be crafted) are for building houses and if I make a mistake or want to renovate my building I have to spend so much time into it. So I think it would be good to improve this and make every stuff that has to be crafted and is placed in our beacon should break after 2 hits like the Storage (I love how fast the storage breaks and 2 hits is ok). Same for machines, they need too long. And doing this just for things that has to be crafted (and are in our beacon) and not for stuff that exits in nature (like normal rock, wood, sand …) people can’t just place beacons in a cave and save time for mining ores. The mining speed for all other stuff is ok, just not for the things we can build.

I’m suggesting this because I spend too much time for renovating my house with other materials.

If it has already posted somewhere or is already in work, then I apologize.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

All blocks need to be rebalanced really. I get the feeling they’re looking at this next after stacks/lag so probably best we wait and see what the changes will be

If you use the shovel on refined blocks, it only take 4 hit.

3 Likes

Thank you. This makes my work easier.

But the shovel is the wrong tool, isn’t the hammer the tool for Rock materials? Refined blocks are made from rock. So I think this has to be changed @ developers.

It appears that the shovel is the default tool for breaking everything that does not have a tool manually assigned to it. Shovel also breaks machines, pipes, glass, metal blocks, refined stone… everything except basic wood/logs and stone. This seems to suggest (to me, anyway) that tools have not yet been 100% mapped to every item in the game yet. This task is likely to be given to some poor intern toward the end of development :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d be happy to sit there and muddle through if it’s just a case of changing values in a config file :wink:

1 Like