Mixed Up Tree

I’m up in a Lustrous tree cutting wood at Solum 744N -660E Alt 89 at the moment. I just ended up cutting two pieces of Ancient Wood Trunk in the middle of the trunk. It’s the only two I have seen in this tree. No idea how that happened.

Edit - I found an Ancient tree next to it when I went through some leaves. I found a spot where the trunks join. Maybe this is what happened up higher. I’ll try dragging the picture in.

There’s quite a lot of cases where tree join like this on Therka.

Just to provide clarity, why exactly is this in the support section? Do you consider it a bug?

My grandfather had something of a knack with plants, and he used to graft tree limbs together… He had a tree in his backyard that grew apples AND pears AND plums.

I assure you, this is perfectly normal.

6 Likes

@anon73404375 I owned a house once that was on an orchard from the 1800’s (the apple barn I owned was the oldest structure in the county and had the bays where the stage coaches were repaired for the stage coach stop 100 yards down the road from me). The 20 or so trees closest to my house (the 2nd oldest structure which used to be the caretaker’s house for the orchard) were all grafted as were the trees around my neighbor’s home. Awesome place and still great fruit.

What was weirdest was the first two that I didn’t think to get a picture of and I couldn’t figure out how it could happen. Going straight down a branch I had all Lustrous one on top of another. Then there were two Ancients in a row and then all the way to joining the main trunk was again Lustrous. No other tree was connected at that spot. Since I saw nothing to explain it and had never seen something like that before in Boundless, I didn’t know if it was a bug or what. So @OmniUno , I figured if I put it here someone might look at it and know if it’s a bug or what caused it. It seems it’s up to developers to decide whether it’s a bug or what classification it is. Just seemed like the best place to get the attention of someone who it might matter to. If you don’t like it, I’ll delete it and not bother you again with stuff that is odd.

3 Likes

I’ve seen this happen too, i think it may have to do with certain logs being spawned or regenned in a certain order. When two trees spawn near each other, and one is a more “horizontal” type of tree, i believe its logs may replace those of the neighbouring tree if their layouts collide.

I have /had a lustrous ancient hybrid like this in vena on one of my plots- i keep the lustrous around but chopped the ancient and missed the trunks that fused to the lustrous. A few days later i also noticed and was all amazed until i remembered.

Maybe somebody trimmed an ancient and forgot those logs in there? Unusual and unlikely but its possible…

1 Like

its GMO - don’t eat berries from that one! will give you GMO Diarrhoea Lvl 1 (lasting 10 minutes: 90% penalty to your Speed, no Jump, FoV down to 45 and shitty backpack - you will have to wash it with 10 buckets of water before items in it can be used again)

3 Likes

Fun fact: I guess his motivation for growing the trees like that was in part due to everyone’s living situation during World War II… On top of getting his little ration stamps for things like gasoline and cooking oil, everyone was encouraged to be as self-sufficient as possible in EVERY aspect of life.

He only had space for a couple of trees on his property, and I guess he was really hurting for a delicious fruit salad circa 1942, sooooooooo…

… And I’ve already told you the rest. Heheh

1 Like