Mob attacks

I was just wondering if it was possible to add the mechanics of mobs attacking and actually causing damage to player builds. Maybe when a settlement reaches a certain prestige it starts to attract the unwanted attention of the local wildlife. Certain types of crafted blocks could be made or modified to withstand the attacks. Perhaps auto slingbow turrets could be introduced to defend the settlement as well as traps and other fortifications.

2 Likes

That reminds me that topic long time ago. It was about ideas for sandbox creatures and that led to how creatures interact with players builds and that led to those automated defensive devices concepts. They were even ideas for creatures being used by players.

1 Like

I’ll have to have a read through that when I get a moment :blush:

1 Like

I went through it again quickly for a reminder - it started in 2015 but last posts are from a year ago so way more relevant to the state of game. Good read after all these years.

1 Like

Sounds a bit like the settlements in Fallout 4.

1 Like

I feel like that should only apply to some planets, as many people believe that the larger the settlement the more likely a creature should be afraid to go near given the amount of people there. Many people could agree they rather leisurely build rather than do a giant tower defense thing in boundless.

Or perhaps an item you can put on your build which would generate rage to a point where it would cause a mob attack when full, and everyone can see this bar on the top of the screen where the settlement is.

3 Likes

I suggested long time ago that creature should not spawn in and around settlements and should not venture in either. Depending on species they could have different settlement tolerance level. Higher tolerance would mean they can spawn closer to settlement borders and even wander in sometime. Lower tolerance would mean they can only spawn far enough from settlements. If a world has most space plotted it naturally limits some species habitat and even causes extinction. Players must think about their expansion if they want to preserve hunting grounds.

1 Like

lol, a become the infected creature or your choice period of time, on certain worlds maybe for like a week event. Like the pvp of the good old Left4Dead. but have it for one week only every so many months.

1 Like