MOBA discussion

I don’t like MOBAs, they’re boooring, it’s like reading a videogame book.

Maybe if you learnt to read you could play some

What’sa MOBA? Video game books are awesome…Maybe if you you have one of a game you like.

Multiplayer online battle arena, like League of legends, Dota or Overwatch.

or pac-man

Are you just here to troll?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that. Even if you take multiplayer pacman, one of the characteristics imo is that the heroes have different playstyles. The Pacman “heros” don’t.

fair enough.

Ah - thanks!

Fair enough.

1 Like

For me everything is MOBA what have lobby joining XD

That’s actually not such a bad definition^^
Although other genres may be more prevalent. For example, Battlefield is more of a Shooter than anything else^^
Or Monster Hunter isn’t really PvP^^

That would include RTS games like C&C, Starcraft, AoE, etcetera which are not MOBAs. Could also include a few RPG games. You could stretch the definition of MOBA to include online shooters, though generally only 3rd person are considered true MOBAs. Overwatch is considered a MOBA only because of the character roster and use of special abilities, which is a defining characteristic of MOBAs.

who calling MOBAS (multiplayer online battle arenas) boring.They are one the best game caterogies in the world

names of mobas i play
heroes of the storm
vainglory(mobile moba)
paragon
DOTA 2
smite

1 Like

um overwatch is not a moba it is a fps game not action rts

1 Like

@Havok40k Well i dont consider those 3 at all because you can control multiple units in them :smiley: So these games i consider as MOBA:
Battlefield 3 and newer (older BF games resets progression so you had to stay in one server to keep progression)
Paragon
Overwatch yes it is, you progress in it same like than in LoL
LoL
HoTS (heroes of the storm)
World of warships/tanks/planes
Combat Arms
CSGO is considered too because you have to get ranks to unlock stuffs like competitive joining and such.

Following the wikipedia definition makes it to be rather strict:

“Is a genre of strategy video games that originated as a subgenre of real-time strategy, in which a player controls a single character in one of two teams. The objective is to destroy the opposing team’s main structure with the assistance of periodically spawned computer-controlled units that march forward along set paths. Player characters typically have various abilities and advantages that improve over the course of a game and that contribute to a team’s overall strategy. MOBA games are a fusion of action games, role-playing games and real-time strategy games, in which players usually do not construct either buildings or units.”

That’s basically how I define it too.

1 Like

For the discussion itself: Books are awesome so that statement would mean MOBA’s are amazing right?

I rather like the MOBA genre not as somehting to dedicate a lot of time to but a game of LoL or similar can be rather refreshing from time to time, especially if you play with friends (so you can avoid the toxic wasteland that is the LoL community)