Mod Manager and Mod Collection

we can’t recompact .msgpack yet so it impossible for now to change them but maybe it’s a bug @james

@Mayumichi is this open source?
Edit: Ohhh, python :grinning:

@Mayumichi I might not be understanding what you mean by a single language mod. But dose that mean you could strip out all the other languages and just put in English and make it work?

Did they change something? Msgpack itself is an open standard, the format is used a bit differently by the devs, but it should be possible to modify it. https://github.com/willcrutchley/boundless-msgpack

@willcrutchley
Kind of, I just (afaik) haven’t publicly posted a link to the source since it’s not pretty :sweat_smile: I wanted to try if python is viable for small programs like this, came to the conclusion that there are better ways to do it but still released this as it is functional.

@XxymoxX I mean only one english.msgpack file can be active at a time, if you want to have two mods (which modify the same english.msgpack file) active at the same time, you can’t with my program.

1 Like

ah i didn’t know this tool was existing. i thought we could only unpack it and not revert it. thanks for the link might be useful someday.

1 Like

How many of those mods in the program use English? My guess is all of them to some extent. As I have no programming skills this may sound stupid, Can you modify the files to just do English? Or any other language for that matter so while a bit of work you could choose the language you want 1st than have the Mod Manager fix everything for just that language to work again?

Seems to be 3,

Tint code
World info
Protection info

Yep none of those are working for me. That really stinks. I love all 3 of them and used them all the time.

I think I’ve added the functionality for msgpack, but some of the keys in the strings file must have changed, or I did something wrong.

Also I think some GUI mods are broken but I fixed the mod skipping in the python file so if you haven’t enabled a broken mod it’ll still run (I’ll upload my changes soon)

Edit: Colour names are now in itemcolorstrings.dat, so that mod probably won’t work with this script again (unless there are major modifications to how it works)

Neat, you found the source then, can I ask where? :smiley:

That .dat format doesn’t look easy to modify…

@Mayumichi @willcrutchley I hope you can figure this out. The one I really want is the # beside the name for the colors.

At first glance I’ve got no idea how it was constructed, so it’s up to someone more skilled in data formats.

In your google drive link there’s the python file, so I just edited that.
The adjusted python script and functional 2 GUI mods are here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YkNqU28rieae3KTKQZhLs4eebpfFVTTW

Oh, right haha didn’t remember I included it there :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the update, I’ll figure out how to build it again and update the link.

2 Likes

Please let me know so I can download the new version. At least some of it will work.

just download the files I linked and replace the ones in your current mods folder. Should work fine
Edit: Oh, I didnt see the GUI. You’d have to run the python script manually (and use pip to install the json and msgpack dependencies)

Ah you modified the pfiffel’s cli version, not the gui version I made. I’ll see in I can implement it from your additions.

1 Like

Yep, sorry, got myself a bit confused about who made what :sweat_smile:

Yeah I took the cli version and wrapped it in a gui, but I also added some functionality which required a bit of refactoring so the GUI isn’t really using the same functions anymore.

1 Like

Hence the reason why I said let me know when you program is redone and I will redownload it and run it again. All that other stuff you both said went right over my head.

2 Likes