Moebius plaza asking for floor designs?

also in my previous street build he plots a street and a huge park never finished it and disrupting my village plan there
now i said you can use my backside from portal solum village but he comes reserves the hole backside and goes away again
now he got plot in my shopping center he blocked me on all my builds so @NL-Tim please can i have it back for the rest i dont care
oh and in rebuildplaza i still kept room for your shop build(wich i like) cause i cant be mean hahahhahahaha
oh and tim no point in reserving strategic spots cause ther be a wipe

1 Like

hey @CosminNegoita thanks for the help i crashed and off to bed
fel free to put more testpieces on plaza so i have many examples :grin:
to choose from

im digging the purple alot

What do you guys think about this? Some more diversity and a couple of bevels could create a nice pattern :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My personal opinion is that it would look better if the lanterns are in slab size :slight_smile:

You might be right but the reason why I would avoid that is that it could get really “bumpy” when walking. The current slopes around the lanterns make you do that and I think it’s quite annoying. But we can definitely try and see how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

i tryd the escher design

and took floor shots off the other designs please share your opinions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

the one with lantern - if you just dont slope the blocks around the lantern; might come up simplier and easier for the eye

1 Like

So … Swede’s Design is out?

imho one huge design beats any pattern.

swede has made a design based on my escher bit but he PM it to me
maybe he will post it here to we can ask @Swede

ps on the escher design is also the two left @Swede and @142857 glyph from the friend list glyphs fits in the design
also discovered in the escher design that theres always place for a grid of 3by3 squares with none purple corners over every design
theres some math involved always in his designs i guess

big news
boundless player found secret in famous art piece lolz :sunglasses:

:smiley: I like geometric patterns.

Here’s one I did for the floor of my new build on Septerfon:

3 Likes

This was the one mentioned:

Another one:

7 Likes

The second one is incredible

3 Likes

Cool @the-moebius, I’ve been fan of M.C.Escher for 20+ years :smiley: First thing I thought when I saw your name was Escher and it turned out to be correct! hehe

2 Likes

i like the 2nd one a lot! maybe with difrent colors.

2 Likes

Just a thing about huge designs for the floor, such as the one with the birds. Please note that while it looks nice from air, when walking on it you won’t be able to notice what it is. So something that’s easy to recognize at ground level will work better.

2 Likes

That is exactly the fun with huge designs! That you don’t see it at first sight if you walk past it carelessly.
And then you suddenly discover that it is something more than just a random pattern. That everything is connected.
Boom. Mind = Blown.

I love the Ravens too!

1 Like

It doesn’t blow my mind at all, on the contrary. This idea will be viable when we’ll be able to ride dragons, otherwise is just wasted effort. All you’ll be able to do is climb Proz’s 2km tower and take a screenshot just to post on the forums, but nothing more.

im leaning towards the @Swede wings design cause that floor looks nice on ground and from above and the none purple part i saw a great design by 142 to continue the none purple squares and offcoarse there will be a jump in portal to get a nice view off the design

heres the design by @142857 to fill in the none purple tiles with white tiles
only need to reduce size one block to match the escher tiles

oh and @CosminNegoita love your design but looks to busy with all the chiseling for me

the wing design dont need chiseling as the blankspots are filled in whit cream gleam glows not to extreme and lightq up the place nicely

i also love the fact that we can stick glyps in the design