Moebius plaza looking for partners and deleting double use portals

hey guys im looking to set up a giant portal on plaza to the havok hub
but this one i cant take care off solo as i been doing before for the other portals
on plaza i sponsor

so anyone like this portal on our plaza please help me get this fueled
if not
no worrys all the rest i will keep open :grin:
like before

1 Like

was thinking to contact @142857 @Xaldafax @reapa11 and others to take a look at portals that are running double uses between our two hubs
and if you guys are interested in being part off moebius plaza as bosses for it hahaha kinda getting bigger to manage alone
and being able to always be there to hand out portals
also i trhust these guys 100procent

also synchronising our hubs will save us loads off shards :grin:

then maybe we can think of a portal dedicated post with plans and routes

3 Likes

Love this idea.

I like this too. I understood clearly the organization for the main portal hubs in Prozee’s old hub. Now it is search and find to locate a way to get to any of the planets except Therka.

I agree and hope to fix this. My hub will be one portal to each homeworld. After that, local hubs will handle all of the regional traffic.

1 Like

I’m all for helping each other but honestly I am not sure where there are many duplicates… Fire Caverns hub was designed to hit specific spots on planets over more portals to everyone’s locations and was tied to the Eden side to see how a newer hub could grow. Also it has the link to the regular bi-weekly hunts hub room that 14 and I help with.

We have a central room that gets everyone pretty close to key locations and main cities on each planet. If people visit it like when we tried to promote it they would see it was very easy to use. It was organized like that and kept intentionally small for that reason. There is only a few side rooms that require a bit of looking but once people actually use it they see they can get to each planet.

So while it wasn’t as big as Pro’s hub it is pretty close. Plus I have many of the actual plots now that Pro had on various planets and there are portals there.

We do offer individual house portals but certainly the Therka plaza has more variety of personal locations. Clearly we are still working on adjusting a few things and we are open to suggestions.

But I think it can help people move around the universe quicker than anything out there currently.

I’m happy to help out with the plaza and I’d be willing to collaborate on a new infrastructure project, for sure. If we all donate plots and collaborate it could even be really massive. I agree that the caverns we have now are maybe a little tight and confusing, the idea in mind with that place was to be a supplement and a competitor to prozee’s hub, offering alternative locations, not a total replacement. Building a big, carefully organized network that spans the whole Boundless universe has a definite appeal to me

ok lol i said nothing nice job :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: love it
but we can then fix a portal plan soon
maybe a top view plan of plaza and the caverns
i link in @willcrutchley cause i have a suspicion he really good modder lol
maybe you know a way to get a top view picture of the caverns and plaza
or @CosminNegoita whos handy drawing things :grin:
because if i do it the smallest rooms will be the biggest on the plan hahahah

ps: im fire caverns biggest fan :slight_smile:

1 Like

sorry… I didn’t think you were saying bad things buddy! You’re doing an awesome job yourself and I like the changes.

I’ll talk with them and see… I just wanted to make sure it was understood what we were trying to accomplish when we started this. Of course Pro going away wasn’t planned so we adjusted a few things like offering portals in his old spots. (And thank you for that location on the plaza there).

But also buddy you don’t have to kill yourself with portals everywhere lol. You’re allowed to eat and was the sun set outside of the game! hehe… I know you’re having fun, though…

I do agree that portal hubs need planning… it can get out of control lol.

lol suns gone but i took it all in dont worry i managed to keep it going despites all things happening this game is crazy when you submerge in this greazt community
i been around longtime lol seen it all happen old farts dont die soon hahahaha
oh and i live at the beach so yeah real sun hahahaha

I have had a think and now I have a good concept:

One large, very grand build on Vulpto or Nasharil which is a central hub, with at least four large portals to Therka, Solum, Berlyn, and Vena V, where we can have regional portal networks spanning the whole Universe. From the starter planets, it’s only 1 hop either to the moons or to the ring worlds, and many people only like to play within their own area, so having regional hubs makes sense. For notable builds or people who aren’t worried about extra costs in shards, we can have big portals from the main hub as well.

What do people think of this?

2 Likes

Honestly I put a lot of work into Fire Caverns and trying to make a decent flow and simple. To tear it all down and just move everything would be a big frustrating. Plus there is no way I can compete with the plot requirements so then I just lose out on the work I put in and any possible gain from the efforts I took over the past month. Also when I tried to mention being on Nash or Vulpto when we started with the Eden connection it was shot down for a few reasons and that the caverns were cool and we had the location.

Additionally we have Jeff’s hub, Karo’s connections, all the great Therka stuff, tons of other people offering good links, and now Havok trying to enter the hub group too… So forgive me but I don’t understand why we need to change everything up again… finally when people have a steady network why change it? Or everyone competing on hubs…

I know we all love to build but how about we put those efforts into other community projects instead of hubs. It’s almost like we have too many portals connecting things and probably don’t need more.

yeah changing it is not good cause the routes are somewhat memorized now
but the idea i like only no need for it since havok joined up

I can try with plaza, caverns will be harder because of the layers.
EDIT: the thing is… this is possible (the sanctum btw):

however to get to plaza all the portals would need to be 100 blocks high… :joy:

You literally just described the organization planned for the hub I’m working on (slowly) right now :smile: Therka and Berlyn are first on the agenda, followed by Solum and AUS shortly after. Local homeworld hubs will handle the rest thereafter.

Well if you want some help with it, let me know :smiley:

1 Like

I’d be happy to have help building the last two islands and fleshing out the central island. I will DM you next time I’m online, Monday night.