Monster Experience Rebalance

Not to mention the fact they all stack together anyways. Bad habits from minecraft when inventory size was a problem maybe?

2 Likes

And earlier times here, when you had to buy inventory space, so sometime if you went for mining skills first, you spent hours with little space until you eventually got the right skill.

1 Like

First i don’t think Builder / Crafter need a good way to earn exp.
Because without source you can’t build or crafter either.
so basically i think hunter / miner get better exp is on the right track.

Also Miner does get tons of exp by using bomb mining method (even without teaching pie).

All you need to do is take a look about the new forge system. :slight_smile:
Both me and Aridhol spent sometime to test the new system already.
Not just bomb is way too amazing, it works for all tools as well ex. Hammer / axe / …etc
If you want rock use the forge 9 block hammer u can get tons of it.
If you want metal rough / gem, use bomb to get better result.

1 Like

Crafter can actually get a lot of xp if active enough, meaning enough resources provided. However it doesn’t flow that fast.
Devs were always saying they want balance. That they want all main activities provide similar, if not equal, xp per hour of play.

1 Like

That goal is one I can get behind

Surely that’s an impossible task though. You literally can’t balance crafting XP:

A hunter has hard limits based on kill speed and their ability to find nearby things to kill.
A miner has a hard limit based on their capacity to perform actions over time.
A builder has a hard limit based on how fast they can place blocks.
A crafter’s biggest limitation is having the resources and machines available to craft with. It would be pretty insane to imagine a situation in which a crafter could dedicate 100% of their time to filing machines and emptying them, so there’s real no hard limit.

Given that you can set off recipes and then have no further input until it’s finished, even if you could find a place to balance just crafting XP, crafters can just set things off and then go earn other XP doing another activity at the same time.

5 Likes

@Tobelawe

I will be hunting as a main. I don’t care if it is more consistent for drops, but I think visually it could be called out to the player to make it rewarding.

You fight a monster with 4 buffs! Man is the fight hard. As you kill it, bam an extra …item…that is the same as the others drops…

That doesn’t communicate to me as a player I acheived something (even though I did get extra).

You fight a monster with 4 buffs! Man is the fight hard! A chest drops out of the enemy that is sparkly and glowing! Woah, pick it up, I get an extra (monster loot). That is cool! My effort is rewarded visually!

Ni no kami 2 drops chests that are red or blue based on rarety. I have never gotten something good from them…and I have still been excited Everytime they drop.

I appreciate the desire to up rewards (a slight exp buff is cool) but I think it is more about being telegraphed to the player that there is a reward.

If each their monster dropped an item like this collecting it could roll on a random table for loot. Would be fun :wink:

-Tagris

2 Likes

This sounds super fun. The issue at the moment is time. We will probably revisit the rewards to try and improve that feeling of reward. I don’t think we will be able to achieve that before launch.

2 Likes