Monumental Boundless news!

start with some easy fun stuff
one day you will do the impossible :grin:

4 Likes

I’m just happy to see that @monty1 and @Tiggs are both already familiar with so much of the community’s point of view and the fundamental issues Boundless has faced for years. Im even more impressed that there has seemingly already been meaningful discussions about many of these issues behind the scenes. I am steadily becoming more optimistic by the day.

19 Likes

You’ll find that we actually play games. :slight_smile:

29 Likes

I love the level excitement I’m seeing from @monty1 and @Tiggs

12 Likes

Don’t leave us ps4 players out :rofl:. That does also remind me to ask is there any plans to change support for either platform- or add new ones.

My brains screaming go gamepass, new players a plenty and maybe xbox too.

another question- or frequently requested feature is account transfer/sync.

I have a ps5, but my kids hog it. I also have a pc with boundless but no progress as the thought of those 2yrs being repeated/lost on ps4 kills my enthusiasm tbh. If that could be offered, even a paid service you’d have my money tonight

2 Likes

We do know what? I don’t understand your response to my post. re: Dhusk,

The server infrastructure is not the only thing I have in mind, it’s more what exactly would happen in gameplay terms if the number of concurrent players was to increase so dramatically.

I suspect this would alienate the PSN gods to no ends… but I also wish for this… with 2k hours and thousands of plots it killed me to redo progress on PC… even though I’ve started again and made 300+ hours on PC… it’s a momentum killer.

I would be the second in-line with payment in hand if this was a possibility!!

1 Like

@monty1

Would the direction of the game be more building/creative? Seeing most of the early items are aimed towards helping new players and ease of copying existing builds.

What is the plan for expanding PvE? Doesn’t have to be Official but would be curious as my former wow guild refused to come to boundless because of the lack of content from a group play perspective.

I won’t forget PS4, they’re lumped in with that but don’t really have a good place to communicate.

5 Likes

Let’s try not to force Monty to come up with answers this early. Let the guy breathe.
Again, it’s going to take MONTHS before there’s even a TEAM.

If we try to make him answer such specific questions now, further down the line, it’s going to lead to disappointment if it turns out the team he’s going to assemble can’t deliver.

Like, I think it’s fair to ask what he thinks should be done. But asking for PLANS?
Like Xal said :

Let’s first see the team, then let them assess the situation, THEN ask for a plan.

3 Likes

Add new backer tier$ for the REBIRTH of boundless.

200w

Excuse me while I exit stage left.

8 Likes

So when can we expect to see pvp battles

:trident::rage::fire:
I’m assembling a mob

4 Likes

2 Likes

i hope so then i can finally change my pants protest icon lol
been a while

3 Likes

Yes I read that. But without a VISION there is no direction. Two simple questions and he or tiggs can address it. That response I anxiously await!

I’m paying attention…

2 Likes

I don’t think James and his team ever lacked Vision, on the contrary.
If anything, they had too much vision, and over-promised on that vision, which led to where we are now, and to a lot of frustration on our part.
And you’re basically asking the guy who just joined the project to already share his vision for the future regarding PvE when he hasn’t assembled a team. You’re basically asking him to make MORE promises on his vision of Boundless’ future, which will ONLY lead to more expectations, more frustrations.

At this point, you’re quite literally asking for it.
I mean, eh, you do you.

1 Like

Not sure how any team makes a game everyone likes. I, for example, am not remotely interested in PVE and even less interested in PVP. I come to boundless for building/creating. I played many PVE games that had a housing component (EQ2, ESO). It’s not like it can’t work, it CAN, but I hunt soley to get stuff to build/craft. If I could mine everything, I’d lay down arms in a minute :wink: I’d hunt cuddletrunks and hoppers for pets in my builds, I suppose :wink: It is my hope they say BUILDING is their priority. Now, how do they make everyone happy :wink:

4 Likes

Belly Buttons! Rock Goblins are cool and all…but no belly buttons.

Edit for the memories:

15 Likes