Monumental Boundless news!

Let’s try not to force Monty to come up with answers this early. Let the guy breathe.
Again, it’s going to take MONTHS before there’s even a TEAM.

If we try to make him answer such specific questions now, further down the line, it’s going to lead to disappointment if it turns out the team he’s going to assemble can’t deliver.

Like, I think it’s fair to ask what he thinks should be done. But asking for PLANS?
Like Xal said :

Let’s first see the team, then let them assess the situation, THEN ask for a plan.

3 Likes

Add new backer tier$ for the REBIRTH of boundless.

200w

Excuse me while I exit stage left.

8 Likes

So when can we expect to see pvp battles

:trident::rage::fire:
I’m assembling a mob

4 Likes

2 Likes

i hope so then i can finally change my pants protest icon lol
been a while

3 Likes

Yes I read that. But without a VISION there is no direction. Two simple questions and he or tiggs can address it. That response I anxiously await!

I’m paying attention…

2 Likes

I don’t think James and his team ever lacked Vision, on the contrary.
If anything, they had too much vision, and over-promised on that vision, which led to where we are now, and to a lot of frustration on our part.
And you’re basically asking the guy who just joined the project to already share his vision for the future regarding PvE when he hasn’t assembled a team. You’re basically asking him to make MORE promises on his vision of Boundless’ future, which will ONLY lead to more expectations, more frustrations.

At this point, you’re quite literally asking for it.
I mean, eh, you do you.

1 Like

Not sure how any team makes a game everyone likes. I, for example, am not remotely interested in PVE and even less interested in PVP. I come to boundless for building/creating. I played many PVE games that had a housing component (EQ2, ESO). It’s not like it can’t work, it CAN, but I hunt soley to get stuff to build/craft. If I could mine everything, I’d lay down arms in a minute :wink: I’d hunt cuddletrunks and hoppers for pets in my builds, I suppose :wink: It is my hope they say BUILDING is their priority. Now, how do they make everyone happy :wink:

4 Likes

Belly Buttons! Rock Goblins are cool and all…but no belly buttons.

Edit for the memories:

15 Likes

This is very good news for the future of Boundless, I really still hope a solo/offline universe is still on the table but either way whatever keeps the game thriving and moving forward!

1 Like

Do you love… the spaceships suggestion? :wink:

Excited whatever happens :heart:

3 Likes

Give it a week or two and the queue number will be… boundless… haha laugh yall laugh… it’s a nice one come on :joy::laughing:

3 Likes

I’m only hoping 2nd chance brews still a thing because of all the ichor I collect xD

2 Likes

@monty1 @Tiggs This and some of the other old concept art lying around might prove to be an invaluable resource going forward… In its earliest days when there were specific team members dedicated to the task, the game had a very unique and cohesive aesthetic (with a bit of accompanying lore) that was never quite realized.

Character cosmetics quickly moved in the direction of items/objects that had no connection to the original style, and then to tattoos which I presume were just easier to churn out than clothing.

If you could move back in this direction with character models, creatures, etc… Well, I think that some of us would be very grateful. :innocent:

5 Likes

I love spaceships. But at the same time it appears most of the time the games with spaceships crash (looking at the debris of games with spaceships in it behind me) as you can see, that is a double pun!

The skin character concept is what I hope they can touch upon.
I would like to see this being added into boundless.

I Feel the Best way To make people continue Waiting is To release new update that contains At least those weapons.

I mean i would give At least something To do.

Its obvious we have to wait half year Or more To have a live update.

I’m afraid that this entire thread can be summed up by this video.