Monumental suggestions

What do you dislike about mob ai?

I just want to see more NPCs besides a hunter (if it ever releases)

Sick and tired of killing the same stuff

2 Likes

Reason can be something like I have: I have plotted underground on some project beacons and used hours to clear those and build partially. Now I don’t care all of that area and could reduce it but it is not easy: deplotting and deconstructing will take too much resources (hammers, deplot deeds, time). So plotted area will stay if I happen to time to build there some day.

If beacons had merge & split ability it would be easier to let part of beacon go to reclaim.

Thank You!

1 Like

As long as we have the choice to fully disable it, I dislike in game voice chat because most people use it as an excuse to be obnoxious, and the way WoW and LoL added voice chat, created network problems for me even thou I was not using it.

2 Likes

I think the biggest issue that I remember is that besides damage amounts they felt really similar at all tiers, but it’s been a good year since I quit so I might be misremembering. That said, there’s always room for improving AI even if it’s just tweaks to things to make them feel more fun. Most mobs in games could be made more interesting.

a very old topic, where devs asked for ideas - it was made way before the likes of hoppers, cuttles and even roadrunners made it into the game:

1 Like

Creation of a new or expansion of the paint mechanics so that a tool or machine can apply textures to blocks and certain items.

The current blocks are great but expanding the availability for players to expand of the beautiful things they build would only add the the attraction of the game.

I do recall an old post with players adding custom textures to body paints. (Sorry I was trying to find it but was unable too). If applying textures to blocks is as easy as it was to apply textures to body paints then it could be a very big content adder for the game. Of course because it is a publicly accessible live universe it can’t be freely open for players to add whatever they want, but there certainly could be a means for players to submit files or suggest textures that would need to be approved by the development team or some game moderator.

Of course this is all theory, but if it is easy to add block textures then it would be something gives the community the ability to contribute to a regular content adder to the game. I’m sure the would be enough suggestions that the game could have a weekly update for a new texture, which would really require very little development time or investment. It also gives players and potential customers that warm fuzzy feeling that the game is very regularly updated and also they have the potential to contribute to the game.

Seeing another post that has since closed, I had an idea. There are people who want to create roads through cities and connect builds. What about adding a special beacon setting just for roads.
A toggle to set a beacon to just road building, which could have compactness turned off just for that. I could see it work if roads didn’t generate prestige or footfall.
It could allow for connection of builds without forcing someone to join a settlement and each person able to remain an independent build.

5 Likes

Compactness shouldn’t have existed in the first place as far as I am concerned. I much rather they just do away with compactness rather them adding an band aid over a bad mechanic.

2 Likes

I have a strong aversion to the auto-plot-reservation that was included with that system. It makes no sense in this game and causes nothing but perma-plotted holes that no one wants or can edit.

The current plotting system is complicated as it is and has so many nuances that only an engineer can understand. Let’s not add more layers of complexity to issues that can be resolved from 2 people that simply need to talk to each other rather than coming to the forums and screaming to the devs for YAF (Yet Another Fix)

1 Like

we need simple things like adding the mailbox to your house at the start tutorial our make it obligated to have a mailbox to have a valid beacon that solves allready a bunch of i cant contact the owner problems with very little effort from dev’s

It’s supposed to be a simple game but they made so many parts of it over complicated I would suggest just get rid of the road, compactness and buffer area around claimed land it’s not necessary. Just simple claim land and have toggle for others to claim above and below you.

I would really like the option to have an altitude indicator in the hud.

It’s a little thing but would save having to open the places tab in the menu to check when mining.

10 Likes

Photo mode, i dont know if this is possible on pc but i would love to have it on ps5. Like they have on No Man Sky, where u can float where er and take photos with youre character in any direction without The UI in The way.

1 Like

Make merch for us! I have a Oortbuster’s Tshirt, which I cherish.

I really want plushies! lol

Merch would be fun and would be advertising too!

@monty1 and @Tiggs :heartpulse: Please?

5 Likes

From my understanding when they added the Sentinel’s crest shards to T5-T6 planets it affected the Oort rewards on them as well. So if that is true making the Sentinels crest derive from something other the meteorites could help correct this.

Was searching for this suggestion today. I don’t know if it would be cost effective,

but what if discord became integrated into boundless and replaced our current chat system (aside from maybe “say” and “shout”)?

It would bring communication into a more centralized place, have much less lag, still could be you joining and leaving watching channels you care about, makes it easier to monitor for admins, also gives players not currently in game a way to talk to players in game, gives a more expandable chat platform (want planet specific chat, done, want temporary “party chats for group activities” easy), plus it would make you not have to “reinvent the wheel” since we all seem to agree the current chat system needs work to be serviceable.

Make account bound discord profile by default, but the option of using one you already have instead be the one that is bound, to get around the “not everyone uses discord” thing.

1 Like

never seen this trailer before…

1 Like

I have seen that one, it’s the main reason i have been hype for titians… If we had any!

1 Like