More Growable Decorations Just Like The Spider!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really enjoy everything about the Spider crop and would very much like to see this whole skeme done up again with flowers, other insects, and possibly glowing things?

The idea for the Spider crop is a winner and needs to be utilized a whole tonne more.

HUGZ

15 Likes

i love growing spiders :smiley:
maybe butterflies or birds? to be placed in our gardens / farms / builds?
birds - craftable eggs that could be put into nest made of TANGLES to get color?
butterfly - crafted / gathered catterpillars fed on flowers to get color?
glowing flowers - seeds planted at gleam to get glow?

countless possibilities :smiley:

please DEVs - make them real :smiley:

7 Likes

The spider farming I absolutely loved, especially how they morphed to various shades of the color trellis. I was wondering after my first harvest if goo did this on gleam and rock, it does, so the spider crop helped me understand the goo crop. I would love other options for farming decorations, creepy crawler, grown goods, etc. It would also be cool for the spiders if different trellises gave them a different design. You devs are awesome for creating this, what about crows, scarecrow, sunflowers, other animal decor, a planet where everything glows in the dark when you interact with it.,…cool ideas.

3 Likes

Yes I would love to see a bunch of growable decorations as long as they have no restrictions on being able to grow them materials must be able to get all year the spiders I can see being a special item for the Halloween event but if they add more to the list of things to grow no exo material please

1 Like

For Oortmas, maybe something that looks like Holly perhaps, and could be crafted into different color wreathes - just a brainstorm but that could look cool, decorative Oortmas Wreath to hang up. :slight_smile: And that type of plant might look really nice growing on trellis.

Oeggs :wink: could be a nice one for Oeaster! If the seeds to grow them or wild forms just spawned randomly in the worlds, we could have a literal Egg Hunt, that would be pretty fun, encourage people to just run around everywhere.

4 Likes

Yes please! Any insects :heart: ill take them all!!

But fireflies would be a dream come true… Use gleam in their growth to determine their glow? :open_mouth:

9 Likes

Yes please :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh yes, would LOVE fireflies, that would have my top vote for sure! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I like how it works in concept, but I would love to see a little more polish and even some animation put into it.

Spiders should grow from a spider egg- advance in stages from small to large egg, and finally a hatched spider. I’d also appreciate (I’d absolutely hate it- in a good way!) a little squirming animation on the eggs and an idle animation on the spider itself. Maybe cleaning its face and mandibles occasionally… yuck!

Similar systems for other decorative creatures like birds or lizards or insects. Each could have some thematic flair that makes them better fit the boundless universe.

Also, I’d love if they were just a bit more alien. The spiders feel too terran, earthly to me.

1 Like

Would be cool to be able place a firefly and have it randomly fly around within its voxel square!

2 Likes

oooo. glowing flowers!

2 Likes

Fireflies would be amazing especially if animated.

I’d also like to see more animals. Maybe some unused models could feature here?

1 Like

Yes!!! +1 for this being repeated with other decorations!!!

1 Like

Amazing replies everyone. Thank you for the support on this idea. I really do hope they hear us. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love the idea of animations within the voxels for fireflies and such. I’d love some multi coloured ants and ladybugs. Oh the Ladybugs would be so very cute!! :beetle:

3 Likes

I would love too have all kinds of glowy bugs around my base :bug: it would give an awesome ambiance especially those fireflies :beetle: and I would love to have those glowing flowers too (If you couldnt tell I love glowing things :smile:)

1 Like

I’d love more glowing flowers or foliage to grow; it’d fit my current build fantastically.

2 Likes

As I don’t see REAL fish coming anytime soon, I’d like to be able to grow fish and put them in ponds.

1 Like

Pfft. I guess that gives “Fish farm” a whole new meaning.

3 Likes