More information for newbies related to...plots

I think (know) some more information needs to be added to claiming land/ plotting

from my experience and talking to new players on boundless.
7 out of 10 did not know that they are protected from others when it comes to regenerable space above their plots and beneath
they think that others could plot right above them or beneath them.
more info should be added.

3 Likes

if they are your friend you can plot in protected plots. i made a minigame in the sasquatch hunt lobby, grapple wars. it was underneath lazertech’s plots

What?! I think there’s a misunderstanding here. Unless one of the biggest changes to a core game system EVAR has slipped under the radar of everyone and been left out of release notes.

Not even your own alts can plot directly under or over your beaconed plots.

Perhaps you plotted into his reserved area? This is allowable.

Also I’m not sure how easy it is to explain this until people actually try it, but in my first day someone warned me that you could only plot into “a grid” and I had no idea what he meant.

I was in fact considering some plotting with variable offsets with my little understanding at the time, and it wasn’t until I got a bit further into the game and building my first settlement that I realized what he meant about the whole planet being a grid.

If it’s not making sense what I mean try and envision plots with 4m of space between them or one plot at 64 altitude and the one next to it at 68 altitude. Just, free plotting on a 1mx1m grid.

What can I say, I never played anything like this before :man_shrugging:

I’m not sure though, i think it would take diagrams or something to make this totally clear to a player who never used a system like this before they have enough plots to explore the mechanics of the system.

nah, i plotted under his plots. alts cannot plot under because you cannot friend your main :slightly_smiling_face: . I actually got no clue if just giving your alts the perms to plot does it

Eh, 2 things:

• All of your alts are automatically “friends” for purposes of permission lists.

• I don’t want to be rude but I’m 100% certain you’re misunderstanding the difference between beaconed plots and buffer zones (or “reserved” plots).

This is possibly one of the most requested features of all time. Do you mind sharing some coordinates so I can come look at what you’ve done?

1 Like

the top above was plotted. the place was reserved before i friended lazertech

OK, “reserved” is not the same as plotted. With the plot protection buffers they added, you can give others permission (or deny them) to plot into adjacent plot columns.

2 beacons can’t exist in the same plot column, DIRECTLY under or over each other.

huh? i have no clue any more.you are very experienced. i guess i’ll listen to you

Sorry like i said I didn’t want to come off as being rude but this is exactly what HOST is referring to in the OP, it’s the concept of “plot columns”.

Currently there are two ways for a plot column to get a “reserved” status and if you’re not already familiar with the system it may not make sense what’s happening.

BTW I’m in the squatch hunt lobby looking for the grapple wars :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think she means reserved. And by friending her he’d be able to add her to the “approved list” on the beacon.

:blush:

1 Like