More reasons to seek out other players houses

Right now there are only 2 reasons one might have to search for another players house:

1. Youre interested in their build and wanna see what it looks like.
  2. Youre hoping to find something to purchase.

I think it would be nice if players could offer more to the public when offline. My suggestion would be the implementation of a job or skill set that each individual can major in. Some kind of ability that would be valuable to other players such as a repairman, a better crafting table, or healer. There are endless possibilities here to explore. I feel it would add quite a bit to the replay value of the game as well as the encouragement to explore. What do you guys think?

15 Likes

I think revive skill might make someone to visit someone. You might be exploring and get wounded, being low on healing mixtures and food you may pop in to someone you know is a healer and might be online.
That’s first come to mind from the current list of skills.
Other? Well, bulk and mass crafting are quite far in the skill tree and is not easily obtainable, so a lot of players might look to visit crafters with those skills - bring them material and ask to bulk/mass craft for them in exchange for coins or whatever there is to offer.

6 Likes

That is a perfect idea. Something I could totally see myself searching for.

4 Likes

Are you playing live or testing version?

1 Like

I prefer to play live and wait for the actual release.

1 Like

Well, in testing now it took me nearly a week of quite intensive playing to get 8 skills - and I need 15 skills to open sub-tree of skills including bulk and mass crafting, which then cost skillpoints to learn. It’s another 2-3 weeks of playing I think and more if I play less than now. New players will need that kind of time to get to those skills and will most likely look for players who can mass craft for them. Some players may invest in different skills and be in need of using others to mass craft in long-term. I could probably find a few more skills there, if I spent more time looking at the complete tree, that could make players stand out and make a target for visits.

What I’m saying is: the idea you brought up will definitely be covered to a degree from what I see. It’s good news for you and everyone.
When we know more about the skill tree and how the world with slow progression works long-term, we will be able to tell how it plays out actually.

4 Likes

Gotcha, thanks for the info. If I played the test version I’d have known that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think it would be very benefitial to have facilities you would find in a normal mmorpg, with the advancement of things such as crafting, being more limited behind skills. You could have taverns, offering customs foods and drinks. Potion shops, blacksmiths, infimaries, tailors, weapons shops and the sort or specialized stores to put in requests for houses and buildings to the guild or city major. Basically distribute functions between the different builds. Making it more lively

8 Likes

My word that would be amazing :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just reading through this thread makes me so excited for the future of this game! :smile:

9 Likes