More skill pages or more points per skill page please

Sprinting does actually cause your hunger level to increase and the level of available energy to drop. But if you have high Zeal, it’s barely noticeable.

+1 on more skill pages and maybe 10 or 15 more points more on each skill page.

This feels like a fair short term patch to help make the game a little less frustrating before the (hopeful) refresh of the Character Progression mechanics.

Topics around the issues caused by limited character progression are fairly constant - here’s the usual link :slight_smile: Character Progression Suggestions. Feel free to necro that topic if you have other great ideas.

That’s not a good comparison, I still need to harvest 3k plants and sow them again, I still need to chisel 1000s of blocks and so on. Me changing skill pages or alts doesn’t contribute anything to my sense of accomplishment, it’s a 10s annoyance while I change alts or literal toggle of skill page, done in seconds in home. Not sure how that adds anything to the game. If changing skill pages had longer cooldown, I’d just use more alts.
Even if we have all skills unlocked, there is still huge grind and time sink in gameplay, it doesn’t depend that much on skill pages

3 Likes

Getting an alt to 50 can’t be an easy task for most players. And I would argue that the process of doing so is a part of gameplay.

The scarcity of skill points is what makes them valuable.

Ask for a flexible skill page after level…

1 Like

That’s a fair point. I’d still rather see one skill page, and same effort required as to build couple of alts to fill it up. I’m not against effort, I just think that skill pages are very vague implementation that just annoys me, it doesn’t add anything to gameplay. If I can switch it in home instantly, why not have all skill pages active at home or something like that?

2 Likes

I do like the idea of having all skill pages active at home, since all it removes is an annoying step to click a button in a menu.

3 Likes

as a hunter, i like to deal a lot of damage but not be very defensive. That is why i die a lot on hunts :stuck_out_tongue: i can solo T3 lvl 6 meteorites if i wanted to. I need more skill pages

My vote: Ability to rename skill pages (i don’t think anybody dislikes this idea) and more skill pages available.

1 Like

I fully agree, more skill pages. I can do without the naming if needed, but yea that would be a nice to have as well.

I think we can all agree that when devs for a game put in a limitation it’s due to multiple reasons. Maybe it’s due to forcing players to work together instead of solo ,or maybe it’s to limit how powerfull a player can be, etc.

Boundless has this in “skill pages” which makes since. the devs clearly don’t want to restrict us from being able to play solo, or do everything… otherwise they would have not allowed Alts and not allowed skill pages at all.

the other reason is due to technical limitations …where you just can’t get all the skills, or it makes it way unbalanced … so I can understand the skill pages for this, I can’t see a reason not to add more skill pages? I mean, some can argue “just make an alt and level them up” … but, why? I mean, it’s still xp gained, skill points gained, etc… just across multi chars instead of multi skill pages. I mean why? why force us to log out, log back in , etc… again… technical limitation? or some other limitation the devs want to leave in place to cause players to feel like like the log out/back in is to much of an anoyance so they leave it in place? … it just doesn’t make any since to me.

Also, the statement that players can’t level to 50 quickly… well, I have worked with multiple friends …and can get them to 50 within about a week with no issues… mining, mass crafting, and teaching pie … FTW . it’s not really that hard, it’s more anoying then anything else.

My main is level 79. I’m on my 4th alt. The previous 3 reached about level 55-60. 4th is about to hit level 30. I’ve logged about 1200 hours. How hard is it?

Well, since you asked:

79 + 3 * 57.5 + 30 = 281.5 total levels gained
1200 / 281.5 = 4.26 hours per level
4.26 * 50 = 213 hours to get to level 50

I’m guessing most people would consider 213 hours pretty hard.

3 Likes

When people mass craft stone from main to alts to quickly power level all the alts they want, no one whos been around long has 1 character and does have many alts. In fact people are encouraged to make alts as soon as level 8.

So even if we could fill most of the tree we would still have alts and skill pages. Mainly because of the epics. The lack of player base and poor to non existant shops in the first 4 or 5 tiers of planets only furthers this issue. Yes ive been to all the portal hubs, malls, and capitals, and their a joke.

i use only 1 char for everything with 5 skill pages i don’t use any of my alts for anything skill related and i only got 1 alt char at lvl 30 the rest is still under lvl 5

so my name is no one
haha

9 Likes

If you find it that bad, you could always quit and move on.
Honestly, you just insulted all the people who have put their time into building stuff to make the game easier and more enjoyable.
Try playing a week or so on your own with no help and maybe you’ll appreciate what’s out there. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

this is not accurate, or maybe it’s accurate depending on what you are doing to gain that xp.
The reason I say it’s not accurate, is because it doesn’t take 4.26 hrs to level.

1. get max speed AOE hammer
  2. get teaching pies
  3. get speed drinks
  4. get regen bombs
  5. goto gleam farm
  6. use teaching pie + speed drink … and go to town on gleam

you average 3-4 levels per hrs, meaning if you start this at lvl 16 (lowest needed to really benifit from the char skills of hammer, and durability reduction) … and you do this for 3 hrs a day, that’s roughly 10 levels per day. that’s 5 days, and you are level 50+
also, find a well enough farm, and they have areas to sell your gleam for a profit. (most all my friends I set this up with, they did this for around lvl 15 to 50 … and walked away with 500k+ in cash, even after buying items needed to farm this.

also, if you want to only do this from lvl 15-35 … you can take all the gleam gathered up to this point, and mass craft it in a TON of refiners to get the last 15levels … however, it takes more time to do that, and most of my friends I do this with to help them, want to simply get up to my level so they can play the content with me and focus on building and other things as soon as possible.

1 Like

OK but you have to factor in the time to get or make/forge the tools and food and travel time. A new player does not magically appear in the game with all of the forged hammers and foods on the list or enough coin to buy them. They have to grind to either make them or to get enough coin to buy them or someone has to give the items to them.

At some point, if a player has built up enough cash then yes I would agree you can level faster. But to imply that the average is 3-4 levels an hour depends on if you are merely engaging in leveling activities or playing to enjoy the game (unless you find it fun to mine gleam for a few hours at a time).

3 Likes