Movement sucks! (especially swimming)

Swimming is too slow and you can’t go very deep. I dread water every time I see it and it’s frustrating being in it. It’s like being trapped in molasses.

I don’t want to dread water, I want to be like “oh cool some water I can swim in”.

3 Likes

Agility deff helps.it would be cool to craft armor and be able to put an augment on it for swimming speed or larger air capacity.

If swimming was sped up, by a lot (even faster than running) it would be awesome. Right now swimming doesn’t add anything to the game. It feels like it is meant as punishment or a barrier to getting around. That’s not fun. Terrible movement is probably the thing that turns me off most about this game. Exploring and gathering are more of an exercise in frustration than a good time.

Speaking of movement, why do we have to use a button to run? Running is free. Who in their right mind doesn’t want to run 100% of the time? Make a button to walk slow and make sprinting the default, maybe then 90% of us won’t end up with carpel tunnel. Making a run/walk toggle like literally every other MMO on Earth would work too. Also, why not just default float in water and use a button to go down? Why have to hold a button (or TWO) just to swim? Makes no sense and again, feels like punishment.

Another thing… why can’t our toons automatically climb up a single block? Why do we have to jump? If I wanted to do that I would go back in time to the 80s and play Qbert.

Maybe I should rename this thread to “movement sucks”.

**edit: Changed the name of the thread from Swimming Sucks to Movement Sucks!

Click to run is fine. I use both. Jumping up blocks is no problem either imo. Swimming however, is awful. I cant stand it. I love the underwater locations but I despise being in the water. It really needs to be on par with running.

jump skill allows you to auto climb blocks.

Jump epic you mean?

yeah thats the one i meant,and i do agree about swimming,i always go round if possible lol

Good to know about jump epic, thanks.

It does but the problem with agility is if you are a bomb miner your crits destroy the things you are trying to mine, so no agility for us.

Running isn’t free, it costs stamina. I’ve almost starved because of running.

You need to make more food then? I carry around 40 cooked meats + energy buffs. Super easy to get food.

1 Like

It’s not bad, just pointing out it isn’t free.

I wouldn’t mind click on/off. On all the time would be annoying for building.

1 Like

W, W toggles run.

1 Like

Incidentally, most people miss it because it’s not on a crafting table, but if you have 1 level of the food crafting skill, you can put a bucket of water and 3 tier 1 raw foods (meat / starberry / earthyam) in a furnace and get 1 soup, that keeps your hunger meter full for the next 10 minutes.

It’s really handy for sprinting across the world.

3 Likes

I’ve found that not to be worth it with energy regen epic. Easier to use 1 meat when I go low in stamina, then another, instead of use 3 meats to make 1 soup.

How do you do that? What machine?

Furnace. I edited the original post, oops. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good to know! Havnt dabbled with food and drink crafting yet.

Swimming really is terrible. Just making it like most other games, where you swim to where you are looking, would make a world of difference. There seems to be a whole part of the world we aren’t exploring because there’s no real access (ie. no underwater breathing skills/foods/gear) and navigating it is so frustrating. I avoid water almost as much as I avoid lava. I’d rather run around a lake than swim through it.

5 Likes

I never even noticed if ti does cost energy, I guess because I eat all the time. Surprised my toon isn’t fat.