Moving base to another place

I normally leave everything and start a 2nd base or 3rd. Too much work moving buildings.

2 Likes

Usually i just build something after that wondering how the f i fit all my stuff here :smiley:

1 Like

I choose a location and start with claiming the general surface i need. Followed by claiming down and terra forming the erea to blank plots.

I plop temporary storage down row of 3 or 6 high and add next to each row as needed to dump materials as i am cleaning out plots.

The key while plotting (i find) is;

• imagine what you want to fit in the erea.
  • plan a head for possible problems (reserve claims so you can switch plot layouts around).
  • plan a head for the possibility of expanding.

I generally build plot based that way if i need more storage i can claim plots by needs and add when i need it.
Also this is an easy way to copy things without counting every single block.

A good spot for your base is key. Best thing to go for is a planet that has a close and fitting color palette. Or a location that works for you.

Can’t really suggest a location. I have build on land (planet surface) in lake and in a mountain.

• on land i build mostly with the natural terrain in mind. If or when a build disappears it still looks like it is ment to be as is.
  • lake less terain terra forming.
  • mountain no need to keep planetary colors in mind as i can use lighting and colors i want to change the looks and the feel of the location.

Generally it helps a build out when build with the original landscape in mind, on the planet surface. And underground the “outside” of your build doesn’t really matter.

Hope this helps a little.

[edit] moved my base several times block by block item by item. You start out fresh and willing but after a little while it’s getting frustrating.
I also tend to build what i need first and decorate/design after.

1 Like

Regular* Bombs actually do give back most placed blocks. Unfortunately it’s not that helpful since it makes a bit of a mess anyway. With a bigger blast radius they’re more useful… But it still feels just as annoying as hammering it all down, really. :confused:

1 Like

just on the subject of moving base…for me, it’s great fun!
have moved base on my original t1 world (sochaltin I) several times but have now recently taken the bigger step of moving to a t3 world (boori).
base basics, for me, includes workshop, storage and shop but also means eventually building structures around these that extend these utilities into areas that are just aesthetic in purpose but what I love most about building in this game the most, trying something different.
have plotted down quite a large area (this does include large varied hills, lakes, open flat stretches and forests) around my new base for future expansion. bit of a ■■■■ move maybe…but I hopefully do intend to use this area to build different things as time goes on.
My build on soch I is quite large (intend to keep most of this) and also intend to carry my ambitious plans onto this new world.
One spanner in the works though is that I’m going to be moving to a more rural location soon and so my line speed is going to reduce from current 8+MB/s to 3.6ish (in UK but new base is an aussie one)…so I might have to move once again…but to be honest, moving again to a new world would definitely be fun.
rental planet would be nice though.

1 Like

We were running two cities at once. My base , underminer, fante still is. Build your second one, put up a portal to your workshop/storage and move.

1 Like

The idea of moving instills an ominous sense of anxiety and doom to me :laughing:
I’ve only moved once, and it was a red timber wooden shack on Arie… I almost cried taking it down and seeing the area empty. I still have the location saved :laughing: perhaps I get too attached and sentimental

3 Likes

When I moved off of Beckon, I built the new workshop first with plenty of storage. Then I casually made trips to tear down and relocate all blocks and arrange them in a neat way in my new workshop. Then I build the house above at my leisure.

Speaking of which, I have some nice perches out there nearby and if you wanted I can show you.

Plus, @HOST is building a planetary highway which will conveniently run out a ways from my property and better connect me.

1 Like

Oh I won’t be tearing anything down at midguard, I just have been thinking about not “living” there full time.

1 Like

Moved 4 times so far, full base all plots. The 4th time was the worst lol, I don’t want to do that again, took a month (no kiddin)~

First I take out all valuables (blocks that take time to craft and or obtain), remove plots from the old base until I have enough to reserve an area and scout for an unoccupied area.

Once I found an area I set up a beacon obviously, then put down storage blocks and build a new storage/workshop (not finish the building just get it to the point it can hold all my stuff). Move everything out of the old workshop to the new base.

And then the best part, invite Cookie-chan to the regen bomb party, remove the old beacon and regen bomb everything. Regen bombing is fun :3

The best advise I can give on moving is to only take the valuables and workshop stuff. It’s not hard to make new bricks but it’s hard to move 100k blocks ;3

oo great friend boogie, I am also looking for a new place, if you dare we could, start a new city, we could both get it and if they dare, bigger builders to do something new, I would surely sign up for this great project

1 Like