Moving base to another place

Im curious how people do it… seems like easy task but
I have attempt this like over 10 times but i always end up regen bombing stuff and feeling like “meh this is bad”.

How do you build your base?
You build it first and then you get on moving everything or?

Obviously you can suggest place for me.

4 Likes

Built the new place first then opened a portal to move everything afterwards. I’ve moved a few times and I’ve done it the same way each time. Not once have I regen bombed because that just makes all the time or coin I spent on the blocks etc a waste.

4 Likes

I build it first, moving storage or machines when they’re filled is not something I want to do :smiley:

1 Like

I guess the hardest thing is to choose a place. I kinda would like to be near some hub… then again i would like to have large space for upcoming stuff

2 Likes

In the past, I begin building the new place/base first, but if I want/need specific blocks that I only have so many of in the previous I will tear those down and place them in the new place. then I move storage, then I tear down the old place if I no longer wish to keep it.

I’ve only ever really done this once (with the base, more with stores), the other times I’ve moved I have left the structure and plots where they are, simply empty shells of what they once were.

My poor wife had to rebuild twice, and in rather quick time frame (no more than a month in between), partly due to me being wishy washy, and partly because we did not spend enough time really scouting out where we were moving to the first time and figuring out what we wanted in a new location.

edit: I’m trying to talk myself out of a base move again actually. The town I’ve been building with my wife has become something of a time sink without much reward (she hasn’t played in a couple months, so it has become a large solo building effort), so I’ve had the desire to move into a community of active players again… But I do not want to loose or create waste out of all the hours of time into what we have built.

1 Like

Choosing just one place is the hardest thing =)

2 Likes

If you see a space near any of the TNT hubs let us know we can free up a spot. Most of the t6 ones don’t have anything near by.

Sochaltin one is also in the middle of nowhere

2 Likes

All the times I’ve moved, I haven’t really built the new place first. I kind of did once, but it didn’t work any better, really. I also had way less stuff anyway back then…

One of the times that I moved, I gave away a fair bit of my stuff just so it wouldn’t feel like it was “wasted” to regen if I didn’t come back for it.

Just honestly wish I didn’t feel punished for hoarding stuff… :stuck_out_tongue: :neutral_face: Sure, now you can also mint all the stuff you’d rather not move, but it doesn’t really feel like adequate value for time/effort… Most of my stuff from my previous base is still just stored on Kol and I go back for some of it when I need it. Less stressful that way.

1 Like

For me the main issue is the location… i kinda want be near people but still have good amount of space for myself.
Im not that guy who plots 2k plots straight lines just cause “i maybe need those in the future”

3 Likes

Set some criteria for your desired location (near water, island, mountain, cave, lake etc), chose a type of planet (EU, Tier 1+2, US etc) grab a bunch of atlases and start running! Took me 3 hours of full on exploring to find one of my locations

2 Likes

You are welcome in Axon… we host TNT, and have portals to Portal Seekers, Hubbit, The Hive, etc all conveniently located in Crusders Square in the Central District of Axon.

1 Like

This only means u have to join xa frant because its Frantastic!..

We are many active people within the settlement!, cough not really just…2

Theres plenty of space left
You are welcome to settle down here if u like buddy :wink:

3 Likes

Lol… good one

2 Likes

If you move to T6 and wanna move all your stuff just bomb it lol

1 Like

You’re welcome to move permanently next to Melissa Majoria if you’d like :slight_smile: plenty of space around and I can move my plotted road if needed.

Never gonna be a bustling city, but a nice reclusive forest with access to TNT, Ultima and River Towns :smiley:

2 Likes

I just place some storage blocks in the new location, fill them with all the expensive stuff and leave for regen any blocks that weren’t hard to get. I end up overflowing with blocks I’m never going to use over time lol.

1 Like

From what I can tell Sunken city of aquatopia has gotten more popular, i’ve seen at least half a dozen running around the ash village/east waters areas on several days. I know there is lots of space in east waters still, It was a potential area I had scoped out to move myself to.

1 Like

Yeha @Fiffer13 move to Sunken Town!! I can confirm that there are often people around. But Midguard must survive

3 Likes

Me and my team are in the same boat as you

1 Like

Lol Cookie-chan you forgot to tell him to first take out all valuable blocks x3