Moving Home: What are your thoughts?

I have not been around to hear about the concept of having “blueprints”. It does seem like a good idea to have blueprints, especially if you have a complicated build that requires a lot of time and resources to make. You really, don’t want to be force to tear down and move once you realize there are better locations, better resourced areas, or a world regeneration ruins the landscape you had in mind for your build. Blueprints do ruin creativity in some ways because you aren’t forced to change your build around once you have created it.

The idea suggested above, being able to take down your own built blocks faster, could mitigate some of the time, but rebuilding the exact same thing can be monotonous and not necessarily enjoyable.

Maybe have some sort of vehicle that is rather expensive to make but can carry more stuff for you? This would be useful for traders and for people who move around a lot / are away from their base for extended periods of time. It could either be like a wagon you bring with you, some kind of floating magical artifact, etc.

2 Likes

my first home was on the top of a hill, home was made from wood and had only a floor, (just a starting point to gather resources before finding a new location to suit for me). after finding a good location i crafted a second beacon and moved it there before i started to build in the new location, old location was somewhere -2000,300 and new location was at 0,0. i had to make 4 trips (finding the location, crafting new beacon, place it there and my inventory was full so had to come back to get the rest). i did this all in 1 day. the building i made at the new location was 24 plot size and it took me about 2 days to build (mostly made from basic rock).

1 Like

I’ve been working on a build for a few weeks now, but would not hesitate to tear it down. All blocks get reclaimed and tear down wouldn’t take long. That’s about all i got on the subject. I do like the idea of blueprints though!

Here’s my opinion for what it’s worth:

Make it so we can build a “wagon”. The form could be whatever suits the dev’s and/or the game design. However, if this wagon was difficult to build and took some resources, it’d be awesome if we could just pack up our base into it, then move the wagon with us through a portal. If we are seriously looking into moving bases, I think this would be a really fun option.

Honestly, I don’t know if I’d move my base right now. I’m not even finished ant it’s huge.

The only thing I’d like to see as of now, is a way to carry more materials when you do decide to move making it less cumbersome. And allowing portal access between home worlds.

1 Like

Where do you get that intention from? To me it seems to be the opposite since we have world regen, which keeps worlds looking fresh for new players. It won’t be like minecraft servers where you have to travel for an hour to find a single tree.

My interpretation of Luke’s question is that he wants to know about small-mid sized personal builds and moving them. For example, what happens when starting off and then you get accepted by a guild and move to join their claim? Not for moving entire complicated cities. After all, how can you fit a city inside a town (see his question at the top)?

1 Like

I couldn’t find the post to be honest with you, I tried. And since I can’t even find a reference to it anywhere I wouldn’t bank on rotation being the case.

Blueprint + manual reconstruction appears to be the favored idea currently.

2 Likes

That was an old concept from the original forums iirc. Lost to the eons, I’m afraid.

1 Like

It will be nice!!!

Instead of being able to move your home, why not just make a feature like a mark/recall or town-portal system used in other games: If you want to build a new home, feel free to do so, and if you want to go to any of your homes, take this cheap teleport … and then the return-port. … may be the beacon should be not free for such teleports right from the beginning, but be able to be advanced in a special way so that it is possible (On this way we would counter the placement of hundrets of becons just to be able to cheap-port)

I really feel uncomfortable if people begin to travel with there whole home (or tower, or village, or cave system, or metropolis … ^^)

3 Likes

I think this is already possible with location markers and warps.

Dunno, but relocating your beacon along with its content sounds like a good opportunity for a microtransaction feature as it is highly convenient without being advantageous.

1 Like