Much Needed Sovereign World Feature

I know this probably wasn’t anticipated but we really need some functionality that allows someone we designate in our guild to give and revoke permissions as well as force reclaim plots.

We have not seen an issue yet with new guild members as they don’t mind waiting for me the owner of the planets to add them with permissions to the guild planets but I could see this being a major issue if the person who is paying for the planet goes on vacation for a week and new guild members can’t plot because only the owner of the planet is the only one that can delegate permissions on worlds. It makes it complicated to get new guild members allowed to plot etc.

With more impatient players this could effectively cause a loss of a new guild member when sovereigns for guilds are involved.

2 Likes

You could potentially have a separate guild faction which you can use to separate out those in the guild that have plotting permissions and those that don’t. That way all you need to do is grant permissions at a guild level and not for individual citizens.

1 Like

That is actually not a bad idea. But we have had problems where new members don’t have the permissions even after joining. Or I could have something setup incorrectly.

But the functionality none the less would be good.

1 Like

But the newest guild member wasn’t automatically given plot permission @Stretchious any suggestions?

Ah, I think they might need one of the actual guild permissions being set as well - although I can’t remember which one it is (possibly Guild Worker).

Edit: Although it could be just a coincidence that is what I did on testing to get that to work previously.

We have had similar issues on our guild planets where new guild members were not allowed to harvest or plot. This seemed to fix itself after both planet owner and new guild member had left the game and restarted it, after the permissions were given.

That’s s ok mething I would report because I haven’t seen that work and I don’t think you should have to do that to get permissions to work.

Not a bad work around but then you have the issue of them being able to edit anything in guild beacons :exploding_head: