Multi-chiseling..?

How much of a technical nightmare would it be to add the ability to use more than one type of chisel on a block…? Like if I wanted to slope chisel a block, then cut the left side off with a square chisel?

1 Like

Seems like it could work if it’s an always-reductive process, but not if each chisel is considered a whole new block type because then the possibilities grow exponentially…

Dumb question… Have you tried cutting it in half before slope chiseling it? I almost certain you can chisel a block with two different chisels depending on the formation.

1 Like

I played around with it some, but it seemed like your options are slope, bevel or square and once you choose one you are locked into only being able to use that chisel type until you reset the block.

Maybe I just got unlucky and tried the ones that don’t work, I’ll play around with it again.

If I’m not mistaken, you can half a block with either bevel or square and then you the other to further chisel. As far as any other combination, I also have wantend to bevel the underside of ‘stairs’, but it’s not possible.

1 Like

It’s only because a bevel chisel makes the same shape as a square chisel when you hit a block twice (to make a half slab) so you can continue with a square or bevel…
–usually square first because stone tools are cheap.

2 Likes

I get the concept, was just pointing it out :grin:

1 Like

By the way the chiseled blocks are named I think it would be a pain to add mixed blocks

Every chiseling is an independent block, so they would have to add all the other possible combinations as separate blocks.

1 Like

Luca will answer that there is already 500 variations of block shape and adding this would increase number to 10k so nope, it won’t happen :grin:

1 Like

I was afraid of that, the way the numbers get so ugly when you have too many options.

2 Likes

reminds me of how i wanted a led chisel xD craftable per flashing so example u wanted XXXX instead of hitting it 15x u grab your XXXX chisel that does this instantly ^^ saves a lot of work

2 Likes

Can’t mix chisel types unless the block is in a transitional state, such as slab…