Multi Monitor issues (patch 201)

I have a multi monitor setup normally with two monitors. I prefer to play the game on my second monitor which allows me to use the first display normally for web browsing, stream watching etc without my start menu being hidden from the game. Prior to patch 201 the game would open on my primary window in windowed mode and as long as i dragged it to the second monitor within about 20 seconds it would full screen on the monitor i wanted to play on. This was quite simple to manage.

Since 201 the game immediately switches to full screen giving no time to move the window to the correct monitor and there appears to be no way to make the game open directly onto my monitor of choice.

Moving it to the right monitor is a complex sequence of switching out of fullscreen, going into a game menu to get control of my mouse into windows proper. drag the window to the right screen. click inside the game proper so game captures the mouse and keystrokes then switch back to fullscreen.

Obviously this is far from ideal. Is there some way to set which monitor the game opens on? Most applications will remember which monitor they should open on or most games have some way to set which monitor they should use. It appears that neither is the case with Boundless.

Any ideas? Is there a setting I’m missing?

This isn’t an answer to your question, but just a couple things to help make it easier. F11 switches between full screen and windowed, and tilde “`” (the key above tab on US keyboards) will unlatch the mouse from the screen without having to go into a menu. These should make it a bit easier to manage.

Also you can go into your windows settings and set which monitor is your primary monitor. The game should then pop up on that screen.

But as I said these are only half-measures. I don’t know of any way to get the game to actually remember.