Multiple beacons overlapping horizontally on different heights

While I understand that current system was done to prevent people from grefing, this enforce flat base building.
Lets say I have beacon on the water level and I’ve made 3 plots height base.
I can’t now make a beacon of 3rd story to make separate warehouse which is properly locked and so on while on first floor I can make factory for community purposes. I need to plan it out in 2 dimensions.

Please allow different beacons from the same character to overlap on water level while they differ in height. This would make way easier for those of us who build more vertically than horizontally.

Edit: clarification based on comments:
What i want is simple if statement.
If beacon reservation owner equal beacon/plot placer than don’t care about beacon reservation and keep old reservation.
It could also work only for that particular alt.

Way easier to do than whole new UI + mechanics for allowing overlapping beacons from different players.

3 Likes

This is related to Un-reserving plots
and probably hard to do for the same technical reasons. I would like to be able to do it though :slight_smile:

Yes but I definitelly don’t want to un-reserve plot. What i want is simple if statement.
If beacon reservation owner equal beacon/plot placer than don’t care about beacon reservation and keep old reservation.
It could also work only for that particular alt.

Way easier to do than whole new UI + mechanics for allowing overlapping beacons from different players.

Edit: I’ve misspeled a bit what i had in mind.

i would also like to see this, not sure if its technically easy to implement.

Huh? I am honestly not at all sure what you’re trying to say/do. You can just build way up, plop down a new beacon and add plots to that? I thought that was the whole point of being able to have separate beacons…

I might be wrong since I haven’t tested this specific situation, of course!

Trivial example would be if want to have different beacon on first floor and different beacon on second floor, this way i can assign machine permissions to all neighbors on first floor but restrict permissions to machines on second floor. That solution means I’m not forced to make one building for myself and than second, next to it for public.

Yes, and that’s perfectly possible, no? As long as you separate the plots.

Edit: I’m going to have to experiment with this some, but if you just build an 8 high pillar above the lower plot, then plop a beacon on that it should be its own beacon.

As far as i know its not. I have general house beacon and few plots down i have a “road” (tunnel) beacon. I cannot plot plots using my home beacon above the plots from tunnel beacon.

it would be swell to have another option under permissions in the beacon to allow specific people to build above or below you.

1 Like

It is, and isn’t possible, I believe.

If there is a gap between the two plots, it is possible as it counts as 2 different plots. But if they are touching, they both combine into 1 big plot, and thus the permissions effect all of it, not just select part.

My solution to it, is if the Devs added in a third Plot item. Where they have a Plot Add, and Plot Remove, item. They can add a Plot Color. That visually changes the color of the plot, and only the owner can see it. What more, have it where the Permissions for the plot can be set for the different colors.

In other words, making different plots within the beaconed plots, into sub sections that you can give people permissions for.

It also would be nice if Permissions were much more indepth too. Such as giving people permission to use machines, but not access the machine’s inventory. This being done by having the items in your inventory, and when it’s done, it waits for the player to come back then gives the item into their inventory if there is room.

(Of course there could be griefing in this too, someone sets the machine to build something for half an hour, leaves, and the owner returns and breaks the machine to get the items they were using to craft, or the finish product.)

My way around it, for the devs, would be to 3 fold. First, the player who put items into the machine, have 24 hours to get the end result before the item goes to the machine’s owner.

Second, when the machine is being used by another player, aka it has another player’s item inside of it being crafted or waiting for pickup, the owner can not break it/remove it. This is to prevent griefing.

Thirdly, the permissions thing can be switched to off even while a machine is in use so no new player can use it. But those already using it, or have used it and collecting their item, still can until their use of the item is over. This is to help with the second bit, so the owner only has to wait a max 24 hours before they can remove and relocate the machine.

Indepth permissions like that, and can color code your plot to create Zone with different permissions involved, would be very good thing to see, in my opinion. As it would allow towns to make public areas for people wandering around. Such as a building that has the highest tier workbenches for use. Maybe even make people have to pay coal or peat to get in to use it, as spark isn’t free lol.

This would be especially for those of us that aren’t as grindy as others, so don’t have any money or access to the materials to craft end game stuff. But might need it. (Such as me not having any power for my machines, so can’t create Tier 3 Decoration blocks.)

1 Like