Multiverse Addition

With the highly anticipated multiverse release just around the corner, I had an idea for one more iteration of a server-type that couuld be marketable for the multiverse. . .

Competitive Universe - simply put, this would be a live public universe running an anti-cheat where the universe had a life-cycle of, say, 1 year before total wipe/reset. Give everyone unlimited plots for balance. Enable friendly fire. Let the chaos dictate which players/guilds win the season based on overall prestige averaged with some sort of community voting. Then forever immortalize winners in a shrine in the sanctum.

I would not actually play in this iteration, but I bet more competitive people would.

Anyways, I just wanted to share what I thought in-case anyone liked it.

-edit for grammar

1 Like

That sounds like total war, I like it! Wouldn’t you have to implement like cannons and trebuchet’s or something for defenses? because if not, i think people would never actually finish building anything. Maybe like a combat planet, that if you warped into, it was friendly fire enabled and anything goes kinda thing?? Or sign up for combat scirmishes and win like oortstone or coins or something after every round…??

I’m still taking this in.

I REALLY like this idea. I’m not sure about my active participation but I would follow this for sure and probably participate in at least one season at some point.

There could be so many variations and TBH 1 year is probably far too long for a purely prestige-based edition. But some of what I’ve seen in this game and forum tells me that we have builders who can easily lay a city’s worth of blocks in just a couple of days.

There could be a few seasons a year and at some point some tournament style competitions, too. In the end if enough people enjoyed it it would be a great channel to look at other metrics too. Stuff like artistry might require some actual judging and addressing that reliably is an issue, but if there was community integration it could be done well enough.

I’m not sure how it would evolve but it’s the first time I’ve really thought of something like voxel building in terms of “E-Sports”… :thinking:

2 Likes

Exactly, almost like a voxel, meets Far Cry! But Boundless edition. Would definitely be interesting to see and watch conceptualize

1 Like

I think the limited duration is a good idea, but I’m not sure how a FFA PvP server would do in a game of this style. At that point is it okay to surround other players bases with a giant prison? Unlimited plots you say? That doesn’t sound abusable. A few people could farm foliage and take over an entire planet…

I’d be down for essentially the same game as it is now with some sort of reset, maybe every 3-4 months. Maybe they could scale the materials needed down for certain crafting recipes to make up for the temporary/short life spawn of the universe.

Again though, as you stated with unlimited plots, FFA PvP, it just seems like a nightmare for anyone who want’s to try and solo/any large group who wants to pub stomp.

1 Like

I consider myself to be very competitive, but I refuse to play on anything that gets wiped after X amount of days/months or otherwise haves programmed or planned obsolescence in it.