Muse-ing's About skills

So I am discovering I have some issues with the skill system,

“This post is for feedback purposes not to bash the game!”

Tthe basis of this post is based on the idea that skill’s are inherintely there to create player class’s or variation between players A B and C…

With that in mind I think there are in my opinion some faults:

First Skill I have issue with is the Inventory Space Skill…
If this skill is here or exists because the concept is to create differences between players then, every player should start the game with adequate inventory space and the skill then enhances that to turn a person into a walking delivery truck.

But the current implimentation of Inventory space is you need all levels or atleast 3 levels in it to reach Adequate Inventory space thus every character in the game will all have these skills… Meaning they fail hardcore at making characters different when they are basically mandatory to aquire, because every character is started off with a laughable amount of storage space on there character…

next major skill that has drawn my ire is chisel mastery. Now lets think about this one, there are two useless levels that only speed up your chisel speed swing which is beneficial how? Its most certainly not worth the cost of the skill points spent on them, they are only a means to an end which is actually unlocking the master of a chisel…

So I feel that both of those chisel levels are useless and only create a deep sink for skill points!

Next on this topic… Your getting double whammied… Not only did you have to invest in skills to MAKE the chisel but now you have to invest in skills to use it properly!!! Just not cool…

Now lets look at it from a businessman’s perpective or shop owner… Why should I sell a silver chisel??? Seriously the only person that can use it… can make it himself which means that my customer if any, is usually going to be a new player who doesnt realize he needs special skills to use the thing! Which is yet another issue I see with the skill…

Anybody can use a hammer to break blocks anybody can break three blocks across with a diamond hammer master is not needed… but you need mastery to actually use a Gold Silver and Titanium chisel correctly?!?

So how does this benifit the economy to sell useless tools that end up becoming an OOOPS moment for new players that buy them without knowing…

Anyway these are my two skills I think need to be looked at…
Inventory Skill and
Chisel mastery

Should get some serious thought, imho…

3 Likes

Agree that some instances exist where you can make something but not use it, or need skills from what seem like a different character line in order to progress in your preferred direction. There was / is a lot of discussion around skills and the tree, and I believe the devs are working on new system of swappable skill sets for single characters - so I’m going to wait to see what they come out with there before putting too much pen to paper.

I will however say that some skills / abilities feel like they should naturally increase with level - things like vitality and stamina especially - but there would still be room for focused skills to boost these further.

@olliepurkiss is reworking the skill tree right now. A lot of these concerns should be addressed in the rework, and I’m sure this feedback is highly usefull for the team

2 Likes

I definitely agree that it is a double hit to a limited resource (Skill Points) to make me have to get points to make a chisel and points to use a chisel. This is the only tool that requires this. I think if you have the chisel, you should be able to use. If you want to add skills then make it faster.