Music box

Are there any thoughts about having a box design that can make localized music or sound effects for builds?

Has it been brought up before by devs?

5 Likes

Noteblocks/music blocks would also be a fun addition :smiley:

2 Likes

I would totally love having a Juke Box machine and music blocks in-game. With a wide variety of music, I just really want to make a tavern be able to play really cool music in the building.

4 Likes

Yeah that would be really cool, might lead to oortian instruments that give buffs or something. Would be neat

4 Likes

I had this exact same idea on a game i used to play where u could craft your own music sheets and play them at your build with sound effect keyboard input (or on screen for ps4) and tradable it might work here so i support this idea as long as its Player created music sheets or boundless created so there’s no copyright issues

2 Likes

Yeah I would think wonderstruck or boundless dev made. But player input could be interesting, not sure about everyone’s music capability though XD

1 Like

I’d even enjoy something really simple like in the Animal Crossing games where you can create a small town tune - have that on a beacon maybe, where you could enable it to play when you and/or others enter? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking more localized. So we could make haunted houses sort of for Halloween or Christmas jingles. Or even just like creaking boards or a tapping window for ambiance

2 Likes

a music box that can only be heard in a person beacon area ;D

1 Like

I would love to have this :+1:

1 Like

Something like a kalimba, xylophone or a small hurdy-gurdy with the ability to record your melody!! Cool idea! :heart::heart_eyes:

1 Like